cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Changing my cPanel Username

I just signed up for the deluxe cpanel hosting and I got everything transferred over from my previous host but the one thing that I am stuck on is my cpanel username.  It was provided to me and is just some random letters and was wondering if this can be changed?  I assume this has to be done on GoDaddy's side because this also affects the home directory.  I was able to change the cpanel password with no problem.  Any help?  Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
3fk
Former Employee
Solution

Re: Changing my cPanel Username

Hello @bryankouba

It can only be changed if you reset the cPanel by going to gateway.godaddy.com>settings>reset
--- "That is the only way"
It may go on auto set up with user name if someone did set it up on firefox but if you use chrome it will ask you to put your own user name. 

Hope it's not too late to reset it. 

Warm Regards,

Joven -- Smiley Happy

Thanks for that information, I was able to reset it and change the username.  Unfortunately, I had to start all over and reupload all 6 of my websites. But it's worth it.  Thanks again.

3fk
Former Employee

@bryankouba
Yeah, it surely need to start from scratch, yet good to hear your able to sort it now. My best wishes to your projects !
Regards,
Joven -- Smiley Happy

I had the same problem and when I contacted the support, I was told that changing cPanel username is restricted. This is pathetic and ridiculous. How can they expect me to remember some junk text as my username and mandating it to be used? 

New

This is really insane setting random username and not to give chance to change it.

Hi @3fk,

It's not working on my side. I tried it so many times in chrome but it doesn't give me the option to put my own username. I am using Deluxe Linux Hosting with cPanel.

Work it. Thanks.