• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Website Builder CRAFT THEME - Issue

Till yesterday I used to see 6 menus on my website header: https://batshub.com

I believe you guys at GoDaddy may have some update in master theme/template code of CRAFT TEMPLATE, as now it seems to put any additional menu in addition to two top menu under "More"

This has changed my website menu to look a bit odd now.

Overall DISAPPOINTED.

I wonder if you guys can set a process to version out the published code and its management.

Regards,

Bhavik

IT Solutions Expert
    7 REPLIES 7

Re: Website Builder CRAFT THEME - Issue

Right there with you on this one Mayur.

I DETEST my MORE button!

BUT - These past .??? 4 1/2 months I have been through over 14 OTHER "possible" hosts, top rated ones too..............ever have your shop or forum disappear with no regret from the host, just the techs? LOL

I do have issues with that blooming menu, but who says programmers, as smart as they are, have foresight without you and me? LOL

I wish us BOTH luck 😉

Ronald D Caple
    w
    Owner & Builder & Liver of:
    The & Saving "Crafters Save by Being Crafty Forum"
    Deep Dimentia productions (because dementia alone is no fun)
    LOL w
    the A/O Sales Arena
    and etc ;~)

I have already decided to not use this basic website builder solution anymore.

Called them up today morning and they assured they will raise this to their product team.

I hope they do and get a solution to it.

IT Solutions Expert

Hi @mayur2019 and @RonaldD,

Welcome to the Community!

In visiting the one site mentioned, we see only the six menu items. Were you able to remove the "More" options. One reason the "more" label will come up, is if the page titles in the menu bar prove to be too long to fit all per the template design. If this is the case, you'll want to be concise in your navigation links (naming the pages). You'll notice that they're dynamic... menu choices will go to a 3-line symbol to view the menu - in both a narrow window or in the mobile version. 

We have referred this "More" issue to our product team.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

Re: Website Builder CRAFT THEME - Issue/?isc=gdcommment

Dear @TLH,

The reason you now see 6 menu is because, I changed the theme, that theme
    is not a Craft Theme.

Issue is when I initially choose Craft theme it had 6 menus appearing. All
    of a sudden it now seems to just show 3.

My concern, if we users are choosing a theme and planning our website
    content in accordance to a theme, what makes you guys to all of a sudden
    change the structure?

Please advise.

Regards,
    Team BatsHub

IT Solutions Expert

I had the exact same issue with our site using the Craft theme (SSTSLO).  We had 5 items in the header, all displayed correctly, then suddenly we had the More button.  I had to change REGISTER ONLINE to REGISTER in order to get the More button to disappear.  I also had other pages with text that changed case.  Strange and most definitely disappointing.

Hi @Derek-SST,

Welcome to the Community!

As stated in an earlier reply... one reason the "more" label will come up, is if the page titles in the menu bar prove to be too long to fit all per the template design. If this is the case, you'll want to be concise (REGISTER ONLINE to REGISTER) in your navigation links (naming the pages). You'll notice that they're dynamic... menu choices will go to a 3-line symbol to view the menu - in both a narrow browser window or in the mobile version. The top-line menu will not be stacked, but condensed.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

I appreciate the response and explanation, but it does not address my issue.  All of the menu bar items were being displayed correctly since I created the site, and just recently changed to More...but I made no changes to the site/menu to cause this.  It appears there was a change to the site or template on your end that caused the change in my site.