• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to set up Customer Accounts for returning business ?

Hi All ,

So i have built my website using the builder tool , i have an online store with shopping cart and checkout. i have had a customer purchase an item with no issues.

However one thing is missing , How do i get a customer to set up an account with me ?

You know so that the customers details are saved and they can log in to check orders and purchase more goods faster.

Have looked at all the tools but cannot see this option , i'm sure it is possible as it is a pretty standard option on all online shops nowadays , right ?

Maybe i'm just being stupid ?

Help Please, Ta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Product Team
    Product Team

Hi, @JournalCreation! All websites can used the "private page" functionality I described, which allows certain pages to be added to a site, and site visitors must login and have permission to access those pages. The "customer accounts" feature really only currently offers value to sites that are using GoDaddy Online Store or Online Appointments.  When either or both of those are active on the site, customers can create accounts and login to expedite checkout, and maintain a history of their transactions.  And more features will follow.  Let me know if you have other questions, or if there's another specific use case that you'd like us to try to pursue.  

Thanks!
    Eric

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
    Helper V

@blackcrow24,

I don't think Website Builder provides registration features!, Not that I am aware of...

You must go for a CMS like WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, etc...

The CMS provides registration features!, and you can make it work as you like...

There are many plugins and themes!, and so you can customize to your requirements...

Both the customer and you will have a dashboard or portal...

Thank you

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

GoDaddy 24/7 Support www.x.co/247support
    ----->NEXIA

Godaddy now has a customer account feature. However, it is limited to name, email, and phone number of the customer. This was very disappointing

What most business owners want are just some of the following:

• Company name of the customer
    • Address
    • Payment information
    • DOB (if needed as per requirements of website)
    • Contact information

Please include these features and more in your next update Godaddy!

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide this feedback,  

We definitely have big plans to keep improving this functionality moving forward, and it really helps to guide our priorities when users send in this kind of input.  

At this time, we store name, phone number, email address, and physical (shipping) address for each customer.  It sounds like it would also really help to have company name, and date of birth, which should be coming soon.  When you say "contact information," is there other specific information that would be valuable?

We're also working on payment management solutions for customers. That's a larger project, but hopefully we'll be able to roll that out next year, and then customers will be able to store and manage their payment options right in their account.  Please let us know if there are other customer account, membership, or contact management features you'd like to see moving forward, and we'll keep working to improve the feature.

Thanks much!
    Eric

@exj Any updates for this feature?

Hey all! Just a quick update here.

Customer Accounts are available for all sites.  We don't yet support payment management, but site customers can see and manage their orders, bookings, their own basic information (name, phone, email, shipping address, etc.) They can login to expedite checkout and/or associate a transaction with their history.  And to gain access to private pages on the site (depending on site settings).  Let me know if there are other features people are eager to see, and we'll keep working to make improvements there.  Thanks!

Where do we find this feature to add to our online stores?  I've searched endlessly. 

Go to your "Websites + Marketing" Then you can select either under "Connections -> Members" or "Settings->Membership"

Unless you asking how to edit members page only. I can't find this now. But I could swear I saw this before. 

Is this feature available on a godaddy online store?

Are you looking to this?

Add private pages 

@KrisIL : Thanks much for bringing our attention to this one as well. I let our help team know that needs updating.

You guys need to make one more MAJOR update. Before my customers received a invite automatically to get access to private pages. Now I would like to remove the access to some of the customers. I cannot do it without deleting their account. You guys need to add this options. Now I want only people I invite to have access to private page.

Thanks for the feedback, @KrisIL !

You're right that there's not a great way to do this right now. It's good feedback.  I'll talk to the team about getting that feature prioritized. Hopefully, it's something we can offer in the next couple of months.  Appreciate your help!

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi, @JournalCreation! All websites can used the "private page" functionality I described, which allows certain pages to be added to a site, and site visitors must login and have permission to access those pages. The "customer accounts" feature really only currently offers value to sites that are using GoDaddy Online Store or Online Appointments.  When either or both of those are active on the site, customers can create accounts and login to expedite checkout, and maintain a history of their transactions.  And more features will follow.  Let me know if you have other questions, or if there's another specific use case that you'd like us to try to pursue.  

Thanks!
    Eric

View solution in original post

I don’t use GoCentral for my website builder.  I simply have a domain from Go Daddy and an online store.   I’ve been told that the feature I’ve asked about does not exist for online stores only.  This is a feature that MANY of my returning customers ask about constantly.  Will it be offered in the future?

Thanks for the additional details, @JournalCreation 

Unfortunately, the concept of customer accounts is very site-centric right now.  A site is necessary to enable the creation of accounts, login, authorization to specific content, etc.  I'll definitely discuss this with the product team for online store to see if they have any ideas about how we could provide that functionality without a site, but I'm sorry to say that I don't think this is something we'll support in the near future.  Thanks for providing this feedback!

Product Team

Hi @blackcrow24 -

Thank you for using GoCentral Online Store!Customer accounts is definitely on our roadmap and we're working toward it.  There are a few things we need to do first, but we're definitely heading in that direction. I do not yet have a target date, sorry about that. 

Thank you -

Heidi, GoDaddy product manager

Another that wants customer accounts.  This is a basic feature available even in most FREE webstores.  I am surprised that GD didn't integrate this from the get go.

Another vote for customer account. I wish I knew right away GoDaddy doesn't provide that. I will choose something else