• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Google result "No information is available for this page." Blocked by robots.txt shows old temp page

Hi folks,

I have a problem with my website and GoDaddy has been of little help to resolve it. There are a few issues I am having and I am assuming that they are all connected to 1 issue. I have changed the domain name from the temporary page humdingerbrewing.godaddysites.com to the actual desired page humdingerbrewing.com and GoDaddy confirms that it is correct.

1. I have linked my social media pages through GoDaddy but when I go to the actual social media page (facebook, or instgram) they will not allow me to link my website on our profile. If I use the old temporary site it works but I want to use the actual website. Those websites tell me that the site is spam or against their community guidelines.

2. When I search the business "Humdinger Brewing" in google it comes up but only comes up as the old temporary site. Like this:

Humdinger Brewing - GoDaddy Web Sitesi Mimarı İmzalı
    No information is available for this page.
    Learn why

By clicking that "learn why" google goes on and on about a robots.txt file, GoDaddy claims that there is no blocking going on.

anyone else have this issue?
    8 REPLIES 8
    Helper VI Helper VI
    Helper VI
    Solution

Re: Google result "No information is available for this page." Blocked by robots.txt shows

@HumdingerLee 

Remove this file: https://humdingerbrewing.godaddysites.com/robots.txt

That is a code that prevents crawlers from viewing your sites thus preventing your site from showing up on search engines

~Jan Mykhail Hasselbring Web Administrator @ fullstackwebsolution.com

Re: Google result "No information is available for this page." Blocked by robots.txt shows

Awesome, I saw Google saying something about that but didn't fully understand. I guess the next question is where do I get rid of that?

I'm using the GoDaddy website builder and I can't find where I have the option to remove that.

Helper VI Helper VI
    Helper VI

@HumdingerLee 

The robots.txt is usually found in the root directory.  Unfortunately, I do not use website builders so IDK how to actually remove it from your site... Try asking one of the admins or or other pro users like @MrVapor @Nate @davisdre317 and @justingodfrey 

Hello, I have the exact same problem with my webpage. Any one else have an answer?

[Moved to https://www.godaddy.com/community/Websites-Marketing-Website/How-can-i-remove-godaddysites-after-the... ]

Super User III Super User III
    Super User III

I believe Google would sort itself out, they just need time to reevaluate the site after changing from the temporary URL to your own domain.

Though it seems Facebook is actively blocking the domain.  If you bought the domain "second-hand" it's possible a previous owner did something to violate their terms.  You can try clicking the "let us know" link then in the comment area include your domain and what the site is for.  Unfortunately this gets mixed results.

Helper VI Helper VI
    Helper VI

@HumdingerLee 

I have to apologize as I misunderstood your question.  

# 1.  What messaging do you see?

# 2. https://humdingerbrewing.godaddysites.com will not be indexed because of `robots.txt` which is fine....

Your actual domain HumdingerBrewing.com will be indexed by google which can be confirmed by googling `Humdinger Brewing .com`

Issue # 2 is working as expected.

Thanks everyone for the help. @JHasselbring @Nate 

1. In terms of social media the result is the same for FB and IG and their reasoning says "Link not allowed - We restrict certain content to protect our community. tell us if we made a mistake" Of course I have told them of the mistake sever times and they haven't done anything about it. I guess I need to try and find a way to get in contact with someone there. I did not buy this page second hand, it was direct from GoDaddy and I assume hadn't been used before.

2. I am a little worried about google as it has been months now since I switched the page over from GoDaddy temporary to the custom URL. I did google it though and would be very happy with those search results should that be how it presents itself.

Super User III Super User III
    Super User III

Unfortunately I am at a loss on this.  Though I have seen reports of this being reversed, it's generally from those who already have a large following/budget.  If you do figure anything out let us know as it could possibly help others in the future.

A thought I've had is to make a unique hashtag and start a grassroots/guerilla marketing campaign to get your potential patrons to help spread the word and hopefully get noticed by Facebook.