• VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

constantly net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

been reading about this and its apparently a common problem im making a small clicker game using lots of xhttp requests and after about 15 seconds the console is spammed with the error from all of my php scripts and the user gets kicked off of the site. (bitcoinrpg.com) do i need to go with a different host? or is this something that can be resolved

16 REPLIES 16
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: constantly net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Hi @pvtctrlalt. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

I'm not sure what would cause this. I tried out the game (nice job Man Very Happy) and opened the developer console (in Chrome) but didn't see the error in question. When I searched online, most of the articles I found about this error suggest it's browser related. I would suggest adding tags to your post. That may help others find it and provide an answer. Hope you're able to get it figured out!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

@JesseW unfortunately the problem was GoDaddy itself. i moved hosts a day ago and it solved the problem. hence why it didn't happen with you 😛 

constantly net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Dear support,

I hit the 

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

problem, please help solve.

This is not a web browser or application problem. It is really related to godaddy. 

https://sg.godaddy.com/community/Developer-Cloud-Portal/constantly-net-ERR-EMPTY-RESPONSE/m-p/10424#...

Please do a search on ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE godaddy in google, there is a lot of discuss about this issue and godaddy lost a lot of business due to this error. 

DO ASK support team simulate the error in different environment, the world is big, it is not your support has no ISSURE means there is not issue on others side. I think all domain host in the same IP to mine is suffering the same  problem BECAUSE the IP is totally down for some network.

Please investigate THE ISSUE.

Hi @shoutao,

Normally, when that error appears it is when someone is trying to access our network. A traceroute and further information is required to properly diagnose the issue and determine if it's from our end or your provider. I suggest reaching out to our support team so that they can troubleshoot. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    New

I get error ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE from a lot of networks when I try to open my website

Dears

when I try to access my website from most of networks I get the error ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE but in the same time on other networks my website is online so after a lot of testing I found that me website is offline in some networks and online in other networks and the cause is godaddy I searched in google and found that the issue happened in a lot of other websites so anyone can help me

Thank you

Plesk Database Webadmin connection not private

When connecting to database using your webadmin web tool it throws up the following url https://[myDomain]/silentlogon.aspx then I get error shown below. I did get into the database a few times this way then it stopped working and I havnt got in since.

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from mssql.[myDomain](for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Is there any fix for this? 

Re: I get error ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE from a lot of networks when I try to open my website

Hello, I'm also facing constant ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE for my website since one week now.

Please can you help

May i ask who you moved to because i am having the same problem 

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Time to time when i browse through my web, getting this error message : 

This page isn’t working

www.beta.okapib2b2c.com didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

When I upload my data base in a different server (not Go daddy) , I do not get this error.
    I am 100% sure this error generated due to a false in Go Daddy Server.
    I am writing this matter under the community suggestions, because I do not have a way to communicate GoDaddy staff through email, which is very important.

Need a solution for this matter asap.

Re: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Ditto to this issue.  I have clients I am hosting websites for and they have been complaining about intermittent ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE errors when accessing the websites.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to even troubleshoot this error because it happens randomly and when it does, there's little to no information given in the dev console, Godaddy hosting account logs, etc...

I migrated my database to an AWS RDS server but clients are claiming they are still getting this error randomly.  It's getting extremely frustrating and I am on the verge of losing clients because of this.  It's unacceptable, Godaddy...

New

Re: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

I'm hosting above 10 websites all with Godaddy on 2 different accounts, it happened to get ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE frequently like 1/20 which is high occurrences, some of my clients thinking i'm giving them a cheap host and asking me simply to just change the host, it's totally inconvenient to face such thing, if Godaddy didn't provide a fix till the next month I guess I'm going to move to Host Gator or AWS or anybody else.

Empty response

Hi,

I am having the same problem mentioned at https://in.godaddy.com/community/Developer-Cloud-Portal/constantly-net-ERR-EMPTY-RESPONSE/m-p/10579/...

Anyone know when godaddy will fix this? Godaddy hosting is only worth hosting a plain html page and not suitable for any web apps if this bug godaddy is not going to fix.

Err_empty_response

I am getting this 10+ times a day and many of my other users around the world are as well. On all browsers, devices and ISP networks even on multiple domains within the same hosting plan. 

Solution

After contacting Godaddy multiple times and doing a bunch of different blind experiments, I finally figured out what was causing this error.

Similar to what another person did in this discussion, I first tried moving my database to AWS RDS.  That didn't resolve this issue.  I then tried lowering the frequency of AJAX requests made from some of the sites I was hosting, which did cause the error to appear less often.  Then I finally stopped the AJAX calls completely and the problem went away almost entirely.  Then I contacted Godaddy a few times to verify what my tests found and finally I got in touch with a support staff that knew what they were talking about and verified the cause of this error was due to too many requests and hitting an invisible limit.

For shared hosting, Godaddy limits the number of requests made to your hosting.  After it exceeds that limit, they simply cut off the site completely from being accessed.  What's extremely infuriating about all this is they don't provide any type of analytics or even just a simple bar that fills up to let you know you have reached that limit, so you will never know that limit has been reached.

I've since moved the heavy trafficked sites to Siteground, who DOES provide a bar that shows my limit and how close I am to reaching it.  Even if it does max out, Siteground does not completely cut off the site, but instead starts to throttle the speed, which is exponentially better than what Godaddy does without any warning or explanation whatsoever.

Solution

Re: Err_empty_response

the reason i'm writing here is that searching this issue returns this page and what i experienced might be relevant to other users (or maybe users here as well).

what i experience is, when i preview or update a post on a wordpress site, the site returned the error "err_empty_response", but not always, apparently random. the site becomes inaccessible for a few minutes and then returns to normal.

issue can also be seen on "CPU and Concurrent Connection Usage" as I/O faults with a message reading "Your site has been limited within the past 24 hours | I/O usage resources were limited for your site".

well, in my case the issue is caused by W3 total cache, and more specifically enabling its features that are not suitable for shared hosting. the issues are well known but are not readily linked to this particular error message. so in case you exhausted all other options but not yet tried this, i recommend you give it a go. and if that's the case, you can search for "w3 total cache shared hosting settings" and find the relevant sources.

the bottom line is, although goddady's "you need more resources" diagnosis is true for this case, it's not the only option and spending more money without identifying the root issue does not make complete sense.

however, for there are other causes for this error, keep in mind that this is about one particular case.

Solution

I recently experienced ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE in chrome, using Linux with PHP 5.3 in shared hosting.

As some of you might experieced the lack of support, no matter live chat or phone call, they repeat the same copy message that "It is your coding problem, not our server problem".

So called award-winning support does not reflect the quality of answers on this matter.

After 3 days of struggle, I determine the issue is due to PHP5.3, and upgraded using "Programming Language" function inside hosting management panel.

Hope this post can save your time on this matter, thank you.