• VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

can't open webmail.mydomain.com in vps plesk website

please someone help me in my issue
    I have my vps plesk website installed and the website working fine ,and I installed ssl certificate for my domain and all working fine ,but I can't access my mail server through webmail.mydomain.com or through mail.mydomain.com
    I get rhis error
    This site can’t be reached
    mail.mydomain.com’s server IP address could not be found.
    Search Google for mail mydomain
    ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

I connected to godaddy support and they can't help me and say they have limited access to vps
    1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Employee

@globalitvision,

In order to access your Plesk webmail by going to webmail.domain.com, the DNS (CNAME) must be set up for webmail. The best way to set up the DNS for the webmail is to create an A Record with a host of webmail that points to the IP Address for your server. The webmail is not accessible when going to mail.domain.com; however, this must be created in order for your mx record and mail to be functional. Here is a link to our article for editing the DNS for your domain name: https://www.godaddy.com/help/manage-dns-zone-files-680.

JessicaP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Employee

@globalitvision,

In order to access your Plesk webmail by going to webmail.domain.com, the DNS (CNAME) must be set up for webmail. The best way to set up the DNS for the webmail is to create an A Record with a host of webmail that points to the IP Address for your server. The webmail is not accessible when going to mail.domain.com; however, this must be created in order for your mx record and mail to be functional. Here is a link to our article for editing the DNS for your domain name: https://www.godaddy.com/help/manage-dns-zone-files-680.

JessicaP

View solution in original post