• GoDaddy Community
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Issues trying to get my windows server running ISS to my GoDaddy domain...forward lookup zone.

Hi, having some issues trying to get my windows server running ISS to my godaddy domain.

my network configuration is as the following.

I have a static WAN from my service provider that runs into my TP-link TD-W9970 where I have turned on DHCP.

my domain controller (Dell R710) is running DHCP where I have assigned a static IP of 192.168.15.3 for my IIS server and I have created a (A) record in the forward lookup zone with this ip address. 

In my TP-link modem the has a port forward set for the LAN ip.

When I try the following in my browser I can see that the page is live and working (ISP_Static_WAN_Address):80

but after calling godaddy they told me that I need to put in only (ISP_Static_WAN_Address).

This option doesn't work as it need to run via a port forward.

1 REPLY 1
    Community Manager

Hi @BrendanH. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! If you are using GoDaddy DNS, you would not be able to add a port designation along with the IP address in an A Record. I moved your post to our VPS and Dedicated Server board as this seems more like a server config issue than a domain issue. Hope this helps you get some suggestions. I hope you're able to get it figured out. If you are able to fix this, please consider following up here. Others may benefit from what you experienced.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.