• VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Helper I

Disabling Root Access for NodeJS Apps for Cloud Servers

This is a feature request for apps available for Cloud Servers.

Currently for node apps full root access of the os is available. The concept is to disable root access for a specific type of nodejs app.

Proposed Solution/Feature:
    Essentially this may require a full build to handle install scripts for node apps, as well as a variation of the current NodeJS Installer to perhaps a "NodeJS Lite" installer.

"NodeJS Lite" installer:
    - would limit access to a single directory layer for nodejs apps
    /(root)
            /package.json
           /(some sort of installer.script that would handle available configuration for the server)

The "installer.script" would allow for still being able to configure various server settings if needed, similar to having root access, only limited to whatever available config settings.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Community Manager

Hi @adampro. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

Thanks for the suggestion. I moved your post to our Developer & Cloud Portal board in hopes that it will get in front of the right people. It would also be great if there was more discussion around this. Appreciate the post!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Community Manager

Hi @adampro. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

Thanks for the suggestion. I moved your post to our Developer & Cloud Portal board in hopes that it will get in front of the right people. It would also be great if there was more discussion around this. Appreciate the post!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post