cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Wordpress change directory

My wordpress was pointed to http://www.mydomain.com/blog folder. I decided to change wp blog address with my domain root (http://www.mydomain.com). I used change directory feature in manage applications > wp window. After 24 hours it still shows directory change in progress. No change in wp path. Also I can not reach to my wp-admin page.

It shows error: 

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'D:\Hosting\9400644\html/wp-load.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in D:\Hosting\myID\html\wp-admin\admin.php on line 31

I can see only details link in my manage application screen for wp. I can not change anything. Current directory displayed as "/". Version field shows endless spinning loading image. Uninstall button is disabled.

I can reach my blog (not admin) on old url but css not loaded.

I called support they told me it takes time. It seems something corrupted and I can't do anything. How can I fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User II Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Wordpress change directory

@oktay

At this point things should be changed -- it doesn't take this long.  I would get back in touch with GoDaddy as this is a server-side issue and I do not believe there is anything you can do.

Did you take backups of your site before doing this?  If so, you may want to just move the site manually.  Here's a step-by-step.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

New

@Muse I can not reach to wp admin console.

Why I try to do things manually on a managed system? Godaddy put move function on wp settings and I wanted to use it. Now I feel alone. Terrible experience!

Super User II Super User II
Super User II

@oktay

I'm not sure I understand your situation.  It is probably best that you get on the phone or chat with GoDaddy and work with them to discover what the issue is.  😉

Judith
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

New

After 5 days change directory completed. I lost some data. I think it is because image library. It couldn't find old images.

Beside the technical issue there is a problem with support. The local Godaddy support is not capable to fix anything. They support for sales part. Because of this I preferred to write here.

Thank you @Muse