cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Wordpress Hosting - MySQL Hostname

Hello,

I have got Managed Wordpress hosting and I have overwritten the wordpress with my website, but I have made the mistake of overwriting the wp-config file as well. I have found the database username and password, but where can I find the MySQL hostname that was there originally? I tried to do a rollback to the first backup but was not far back enough.

Thanks in advance,

Dragos

8 REPLIES 8
Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: Wordpress Hosting - MySQL Hostname

Hello @dragos

Try to see if this will help you:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/find-your-database-hostname-23889

Good luck.

🙂

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.
New

Hey @Adrian8

I have already tried using localhost but it gives me an establishing mysql connection error. I have looked at my previous websites and they seem to have a custom hostname something similar to ftp_username.db.database_name+random_numbers.hostedresource.com:3310.

Thanks

Helper VI
Helper VI

@dragosI will contact you thru a PM.

🙂

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

did you guys find the solution to this issue?

You have to go to the cPanel and locate the IP in the section Website(s) IP Address

Hi Adrian8

I am having the same issue, as I have migrated an existing site over to a new domain.

I need to update the wpconfig file with the new dbhostname, however, I also need the custom name as above. ("IP address" or "localhost" does not work as I am using a managed wordpress site with no access to cPanel)

Hello @dragos

Did you find a solution?

I'm looking for the same custom hostname!

Thanks in advance, Gareth

If you found a solution, please share. I don't know why you went to PM for an issue like this.