cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

WooCommerce plugin Issues

Hi Guys,

I am on the Linux Cpanel hosting and when i installed WooCommerce plugin, the site crashed.

The site only came up after i disabled the plugin.

Please how do i get WooCommerce working?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: WooCommerce plugin Issues

Hello @topetope123, I assume that you have insured the proper method to determine that you have the correct settings for WooCommerce? You installed WooCommerce on a base WordPress installation? You wouldn't be running any other plugins or special setups of WordPress would you? Usually WooCommerce is an robust and easy installation to WordPress but occasionally other plugins will cause issues. Hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Highlighted

Hi @rd

I appreciate your reply but i will like to know how i can get it to work. 

What do i need to do exactly?

Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Specifically I would go to your file management via the provided File Manager of your hosting OR via FTP using credentials. You can go to your .../wp-content/plugins... directory. You can either disable all plugins directory by renaming the plugins directory or just WooCommerce by renaming that directory.

That would allow you to login to your WordPress admin (afterwards you can restore the directory name to original) and you will find that the problem plugin(s) have been disabled. I don't know your environment but I would suggest that you want to start off with only WooCommerce activated and see if that works. I term of if you have other plugins I'd look at them one by one. Typically WooCommerce is fairly comprehensive and you might not need other plugins (depending on their use).

If I knew more I could say more but renaming that directory and logging in will at least disable plugins and get you back into your website. With more information I could be less generic with my information.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Highlighted

I have been able to get my website back up but i still need help on how to get WooCommerce to work

Highlighted
Advocate VII Advocate VII
Advocate VII

Hi @topetope123,

Do you have enough resources allocated to allow WooCommerce to install properly?  Your theme makes a HUGE impact on how Woo is installed.  For example, take the Avada theme.  With one demo version of the theme installed all you need is a 40 MB memory allocation.  With a second version, a minimum 256 MB is required. 

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites