cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I need to "Flush Cache" every time I make a change?

Every time I make a change to my site, I need to "Flush Cache" in order for the change to show up. Is this normal for GoDaddy? Are there any workarounds?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: Why do I need to "Flush Cache" every time I make a change?

Caching is a good thing!  Caching speeds up website response time and improves performance by reducing the load on the hosting server.

Basically caching is a process of creating static versions of your website and serving that to visitors. Static pages tend to render faster in browsers which means faster performance for your website.

Clearing the website cache is now standard and customary -- especially for WordPress sites.  Once you get in the habit is isn't a big deal.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
"All people are the same; only their habits differ." ~Confucius

Thanks @Muse. It just seems odd that any small change I make, for example adding or removing a sentence, I need to "Flush Cache," in order for it to show up. Is this customary for GoDaddy? I've used WordPress for some time now, with other hosts, and have never encountered this workflow where it's mandatory to flush the cache.

Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Yes, this is how the cache on Managed WordPress hosting on GoDaddy operates.  I too work on different hosts and do not have a to clear the cache as I did on GoDaddy.  I guess you can say GD's cache can be a bit aggressive.  Smiley Wink

Judith
"All people are the same; only their habits differ." ~Confucius