cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

WWW redirect with ssl gives error with managed wordpress

I am currently running into an issue where I am able to pull up my MWP site that has an ssl on it without the WWW which is FinancialTeachings.com however anytime myself or anyone else puts www.financialteachings.com in the URL the site gives an error message which I've attached below. I know it has something to do with the SSL but I am unsure if this will be me adding another domain to my UCC I already have, or if this is a redirect issue in the managed wordpress site code. I would love input since I have had multiple people try on different browsers as I have and only pull up the site without the WWW and hope I can solve this enigma.

NaB
3 REPLIES 3

Re: WWW redirect with ssl gives error with managed wordpress

Hi @NaB, thanks for posting.

Looking at the site and the SSL, it looks like you are using a UCC SSL. If that is the case, you would need to manually add the WWW version of your site as a SAN.
While the WWW version is automatically included in the standard certificates, they need to be manually added when using a UCC SSL.
^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status
Helper V
Helper V

I checked your site and found the following.

https://financialteachings.com/ uses an SSL valid for the following sites.

DNS Name: thebeatybunch.com
DNS Name: www.thebeatybunch.com
DNS Name: financialteachings.com
DNS Name: lifeparadigmshift.com
DNS Name: factsaboutpolitics.com
DNS Name: lehidaysrodeo.com

https://www.financialteachings.com/ does not supply an SSL Cert when trying to connect securely and the Cert for financialteachings.com is not valid for the www.financialteachings.com site. You will need to add www.financialteachings.com to the Cert and make sure the HTTP Server is configured to use the new Cert for www.financialteachings.com site.

Highlighted

I have a similar problem, where www. fails. My domain is registered with Google domains, but my hosting is with GoDaddy.. Do I need to move my domain registration to GoDaddy?