cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

WP install error - Access denied for user

Hello everybody!

I tried installing wordpress on minichili.com and I got the following error:

Warning: mysqli_real_connect(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'miniwebsiteuserxxxx'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/minichili/public_html/wordpress/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1531

Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/minichili/public_html/wordpress/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1562

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'miniwebsiteuserxxxx'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/minichili/public_html/wordpress/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1562

Error establishing a database connection

This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can’t contact the database server at localhost. This could mean your host’s database server is down.

• Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
  • Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
  • Are you sure that the database server is running?

If you’re unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.

My wp-config.php is, everything is correct, I've double checked so no, user/pass are not wrong:

/** The name of the database for WordPress */
define('DB_NAME', 'miniwebsitexxxx');

/** MySQL database username */
define('DB_USER', 'miniwebsiteuserxxxx');

/** MySQL database password */
define('DB_PASSWORD', 'xxxxxx');

/** MySQL hostname */
define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');

/** Database Charset to use in creating database tables. */
define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');

/** The Database Collate type. Don't change this if in doubt. */
define('DB_COLLATE', '');

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: WP install error - Access denied for user

Hi @Ovidiu. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! 

This seems pretty unusual, especially if you know for sure that the connection information is correct. If you haven't already done so, I would take what is listed in your wp-config file fur the password and copy it and paste it into the database password reset field, just to make sure the password is correct. If that doesn't help, you may want to touch base with our hosting team to make sure everything is alright on this side of things. 

Alternatively, you could also try installing WordPress using the automated system (Installatron) available within cPanel. To do so, just visit the Applications tab. 

Good luck!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.