cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

This page isn’t working HTTP ERROR 500

Hello! 

After updating to latest version 4.8 of wordpress I'm having HTTP ERROR 500 after clicking on publish button. I tried the chat, however the number of the queue increases instead of decrease. 

Since before update things were normal, I don't know what to do. Is there anyone to help? I have no idea why the number in queue is increasing  at chat board, I also would like to know the reason why I'm loosing my spot in the queue, please.

Thanks

Oya

5 REPLIES 5
Helper V

Re: This page isn’t working HTTP ERROR 500

@oyasan

Check your .htaccess file.... only time that error comes up for me is something went wrong in that file - it is running, however it is coming across something that is stopping the process ... that file is where i check to get things working right.

If you can not see the .htacces file you need to go to settings and click, "see hidden files".

Hope this helps

Mrsroadrunner Photography
New

Thanks for help @mrsroadrunner. The file is there, I don't know how to fix it. What should I do? 

I was able to reach to the Goddady's help on chat board and I'm told that since I'm using old version of Linux hosting, there is only way to fix it to upgrade the new version which I'm not going to pay extra till the next renewal. I'm an old customer and still paying too much just for a blog. I'm thinking with this way they are trying to move everyone to new system, so it will cost more later on 😞 

I will try fix .htaccess file, I hope I will be successful.

Thanks

Oya

New
Solution

I find some info about how to fix .htaccess file here http://www.bordercrossingmedia.com/2009/01/how-to-restore-your-wordpress-htaccess-file/

I see the new file now and I checked as a text file and saw it was different. I was able to renew that file. However, it did not fix the error, I'm still getting it after clicking on publish button.

New

Trying chat board again, this time I don't see any numbers 🙂 It has been about 15 minutes still waiting..

New

Thanks a lot to the last person I talked to (Jhonss - as I remember) at help chat board,  helped me to solve my problem, for now.