cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sites slow to unavailible

Hi all, New here and not a webmaster so struggling. Hope you don't mind me asking a question.

Most of my godaddy hosted sites have suddenly gone very slow and/or will not load at all. could someone please check them out for me to see if its local or if its the sites please.

This one is very very slow

www.commonwoodfishery.com

I cannot access these at all and more worrying I cannot access the wp admin page either.

Thank you in advance for any help offered

Slarti

www.commonwoodshooting.co.uk 

www.thecarpet-doctor.co.uk

6 REPLIES 6
Helper III

Re: Sites slow to unavailible

Hello @slartibardfast,

Web sites seem to be fine for me. I would recommend doing a network speed test. Use http://www.speedtest.net/ and post back the results here and we can get a better idea as it may just be a bad connection at your end! 

Harry Brand - Here to help out the community

Hi and thank you for the reply.

Speed ok here 36meg down 9meg up

Only my sites seem affected, if I go elsewhere everything is fine

regards and thanks for the help

slarti

They are all word press sites if that makes a difference?

I have checked on two pc's in ie11 and chrome and my phone via 4g

Helper III

See for me it is taking around 3-4 seconds to load the commonwoodfishery.com website, and I have a fairly bad connection. When the average load speed is around 3 seconds this isn't bad at all. It is also loading fairly fast on my 3g connection.

This is strange because you say it is both slow/unreachable on your home network and 4G. The only real advice I can offer would be to optimise your images for commonwoodfishery.com as they are quite large. I would use a tool like this: http://optimizilla.com/. But even still, if your website was loading fine before hand then it is strange.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of any help and I hope your able to fix the issue. Hopefully it is just a temporary issue that should fix its self. 

If the issues persist I would speak to the GoDaddy support team,

Thank you

Harry Brand - Here to help out the community
Helper V
Helper V

I would recommend running a website speedtest.

Here are some sites you can use to test your website speed

Sucuri Load Time Tester - used to test website performance from around the world.

PageSpeed Insights - This will test your site and list any issues for both Mobile or Desktop and provides tips on how to fix.

Pingdom Website Speed Test - This test  your site and points out any issues encountered while loading. 

Biggest issue I am seeing with your site is the size and number of request made.

Requests by domain
DOMAIN PERCENT REQUESTS

commonwoodfishery.com89.3 %50

fonts.googleapis.com3.6 %2

fonts.gstatic.com3.6 %2

www.google.com1.8 %1

www.gstatic.com1.8 %1
Total100.00 %56
Content size by content type
CONTENT TYPE PERCENT SIZE

Script39.8 %588.02 KB

CSS26.5 %391.42 KB