Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Unavailable - HTTP Error 503

seeing service unavailable 503 error on my domain http://www.hieroes.org/

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Service Unavailable - HTTP Error 503

Hi @eric786.  Welcome to GoDaddy Community! That error usually indicates that the website is trying to use more resources than what is available on the site. If this is for a WordPress site, I'd suggest trying to install a caching plugin. That is a pretty common fix for WordPress 503 errors. If it's not a WordPress site, please provide more details on the situation. Others may have additional suggestions. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

I am getting the same thing. Over two dozen times I have seen this error.

Constantly losing changes.

My website and control panel is very slow as well.

I was on Windows hosting. Slow.

Changed to Linux hosting. Slow.

Changed to managed wordpress hosting. No difference!

Increase memory limit to 256M successfully. No difference!

Un-installed all un-used plugins, plugins I use are resource intensive but are used common and used by thousands with no issues. Paid for premium plugins.

Reactivated Cachify plugin. No difference!

Is this GoDaddy? Am I wasting my time and money by purchasing new hosting options?

Easily takes me 10x as long to do what I need to do, that's when I am not getting the 503 error.

Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I

Hi,

Have you done anything to increase your PHP execution limits? Also you said that you were using some very intense plugins with regard to memory. 256M is not much for a large application. For example the theme Avada requires approximately 256MB for one of its demos and that is without adding any plugins. For my largest application I am now running on a business Enterprise cpanel server where I set my WordPress memory to a minimum of 2 gig and add caching. I use comet cache, and wp-rocket is getting outstanding reviews.

Hope this helps,
James
Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites