cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP Error

Hi ,

i am Setting smtp but when i send test mail error generate. Please help me how to set SMTP for Wordpress.

CLIENT -> SERVER: EHLO comparemovingcompanies.co.uk
CLIENT -> SERVER: MAIL FROM:<info@comparemovingcompanies.co.uk>
SMTP ERROR: MAIL FROM command failed: 530 authentication required
The following From address failed: info@comparemovingcompanies.co.uk : MAIL FROM command failed,authentication required
,530,SMTP server error: MAIL FROM command failed Detail: authentication required
SMTP code: 530

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: SMTP Error

Hi @Faisal123. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! 

Try changing your mail server to relay-hosting.secureserver.net. That is the only server you'd be able to send email from if you are using one of our hosting accounts. As it is, it looks like you're trying to send email from your Workspace Email account, which won't be possible. Hope that helps. If not, feel free to provide more information. Others in the community may be able to provide you with additional suggestions. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

hello JesseW,

still error comes while changing mail "relay-hosting.secureserver.net" Please suggest me best.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Rashidsaiyed638. I'd be happy to make a suggestion. However, I'd need way more information on your situation. Please consider adding information similar to what the original poster had.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.