cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How long does installation take?

Hi

I am trying to setup a managed wordpress site but the progress bar has been stuck on 65% for nearly an hour. is this normal or has something crashed?

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long does installation take?

Hi @AdamDon,

I have seen this mentioned before, please give it a bit of time. Let your computer go into sleep mode by itself and go make a sandwich and a cuppa.......

Thanks for your input, but do you know if this should take minutes or hours to setup. In the past it has been very quick, i.e. less than 20 minutes?

Similar problem.... mine has been stuck at processing with the revolving arrows next to it for about a half of an hour. There is indication that any percentage of the installation is completed. Should I refresh the page?

My istallation is doing the same now for 45mins, how long until i am to think there is an issue with the installation?

Solution

Just for future reference to visitors on this thread, any request on a shared hosting environment can take up to 24 hours to process as it is placed in a queue when submitted.  It typically doesn't take anywhere near that long, but in the event that your installation is taking longer than expected, there is no need to worry unless it's been longer than 24 hours. 

MPC

New

Just to give you an experience guys

I requesed wordpress install and it took more than 40 Hours to complete.

I repeat more than 40 hours

Smiley Sad 

p.s: Usually it takes less than an hour but this time it was weird. 

Already 13 hours, doesn't show signs of ending. Should I try it again of wait for 11 more?

New
Solution

Servers go bonkers at times. You should end installation and try again.

For me it always takes less than 15 minutes. (A few times it got stuck forever).