cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Help? Ninja Forms Disappeared

I believe I was using Ninja Forms to collect contacts. Over the past week, it disappeared. Would anyone know what caused this/how to restore the forms and database?

Thanks.

Ridgerunr
7 REPLIES 7
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Help? Ninja Forms Disappeared

Hi @mplscitygirl. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community!

If you're using Managed WordPress, there are some versions of the Ninja Forms plugin that were blacklisted. If you install the most recent version of the plugin, that should get you back up and running. If you could follow up here to let the community know if that works, that would be great!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Thanks for the info. I've tried to install the new NinjaForms plugin but it says that the destination folder already exists. Is there a way to uninstall/delete the folder? I don't currently show that NinjaForms is installed. Thanks!

Ridgerunr
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

@mplscitygirl - My suggestion would be to access the account via SFTP and changing the name of the plugin directory. That way you still have the content from it if you need it and the install should still be able to go through. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Great solution - using Filezilla to change the folder name. My site is on WordPress and the location of the folder was at html > wp-content > plugins > ninja-forms. All I did was rename ninja-forms to ninja-forms-old. Then I went back the my site management and was able to download ninja-forms. Once I activated the plug-in, all my forms were connected in their old spots - and, my database was intact.

Thanks for the help!

Ridgerunr

I have 2 ninja forms, one of them is not working. I tried changing the folder name ninja-forms-old and updated the latest version but no luck. 

Do i need to install the ninja form again and not just update it?

Hi, I just had this happen to me today, or worse, a few days ago and just noticed today.  I'm not sure where I need to go to change the folder name?  I don't know FTP very well, is there a way to walk me through it as it's important I get those forms for my business.

I'm having the same issue since doing the update for ninja forms (9/13/18) and need to I guess change the old folder name (somehow?) and then re-install Ninja Forms?  Somehow this will save my forms (that I actually spent a ton of time building) so I don't need to build them all over again from scratch?

It also won't let me just go and install the plugin even though the button that says Install is clickable it gives me an error that the directory already exists.  I'm sure it does but again, no clue where said directory is or how to fix this issue...

As the OP of this thread so eloquently said:  Help?  Ninja Forms Disappeared.  Do you guys have a workable solution for someone who doesn't understand FTP at all as of this moment?

Hi @Shutta_Man

Without knowing what your hosted domain name is the help that we can provide is limited. I suggest giving our hosting team a call to look into this. They can be reached by dialing 480-463-8824.

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support