cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

503 Errors Godaddy Managed Wordpress Hosting - for over a week - GoDaddy won't fix / handle business

Hello

I would appreciate any help with the following:

I am trying to have Godaddy host my website http://ridefree.com  we do Motorcycle Guided Tours in the USA.   Great product godaddy has at the first level of phone support and offerings, but they have not been able to handle business.  We have been getting 503 errors for over a week and Godaddy can not solve it / will not put the resources on the problem to solve it.  I even paid the $79 to escalate a ticket so they can see if the problem is my site or the Godaddy hosting / servers..

They have been unable to handle their business and fix the problem.  We are in prime booking season. Very frustrating.  Godaddy managed wordpress hosting is a great product, but it just does not work.  Having my website up and down 503ing is not acceptable.  Even worse is Godaddy not handling this situation.    p.s.  I works great on all pages for 15 to 20 minutes, then bam, all 503s.

We have done all the basic things like deactivated all plugins, new theme, replaced Wordpress root folders, and I have paid Godaddy to look at my database etc....   still they can not fix it.   It will work perfect for 15 minutes, then down for 3.

I have been talking to Godaddy about 3 to 4 times a day... updating them......  again, the first level of support is great, but after that.......  they just can't handle their business.

Wil 

ridefree.com

6 REPLIES 6

Re: 503 Errors Godaddy Managed Wordpress Hosting - for over a week - GoDaddy won't fix / handle busi

We have done all the basic things like deactivated all plugins, new theme, replaced Wordpress root folders, and I have paid Godaddy to look at my database etc....   still they can not fix it.   It will work perfect for 15 minutes, then down for 3.

Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I

Re: 503 Errors Godaddy Managed Wordpress Hosting - for over a week - GoDaddy won't fix / handle busi

Hi @RideFreeTours,

Have you increased your resources such as memory available to WP and PHP execution time?  Sometimes a 503 will be thrown when there's not enough resources for the site to respond efficiently.  Went to site, but didn't see a problem. 

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
Helper I

Hello @RideFreeTours,

It appears the HTTP 503 error is not occurring at the moment, it could be an intermittent issue with your memory/cpu and website (plugins included).

Have you made any changes or re-enabled your plugins?

Warm Regards,
Wade Hextell

wadehextell at gmail.com

https://au.linkedin.com/in/wadehextell

Hi.
With a godaddy rep online we disabled all plugins, new root files, etc. Reset all etc. From server to website to computers... And it still did it. Will work for 20 minutes then 503. We think it might be 503ing on certain servers and not on others. = works on a proxy server in Austraila or my phone while not working on 3 different desktops.
### tomorrow we are running a duplicate site on another server and we will see if there are still errors or not.......
# I am still waiting more than a week for godadddy's people to look at my site after I paid them to do it, and they had promised would have an answer in 72 hrs at most.
Helper I
Helper I

I've been having similar problems. I'm almost ready to switch hosting companies because the issue isn't resolved and when I call in they keep telling me it is. I really feel like I'm just getting the runaround.

It happens to us as well. Getting 503 very often and we don't event have that many visitors, max 3 at any moment. So frustrated with GoDaddy, we will never use them again. They are awful.