cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

500 internal error in WordPress when running duplicator plugin

hello i am using wordpress and i get this 500 error each time i am running duplicator plugin. Seems it is a timeout error, does anybody know how to fix this?

9 REPLIES 9
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: 500 internal error

Hello @csandreas1,  it would be hard to speculate on the exact cause of a 500 error without having a lot more information about how everything is set up.  I'd suggest giving our live support teams a call so we can do a full review of your Wordpress plan and try to duplicate the error.  Please give us a call at your earliest convenience so we can help you get this working properly.  Thanks.  

New

Re: 500 internal error in WordPress when running duplicator plugin

We're having the same issue. Has this been solved for you?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @quanto. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

As MPC mentioned above, 500 errors can be caused by a variety of issues. If you're getting a timeout error, one thing you can try to do is add a .user.ini file to your hosting account and add the following line to it:

max_execution_time = 120

This is just an example. You can change the number to make it higher if you wish. This would equal 120 seconds. Giving the script more time to process might solve the issue. If not, then feel free to update here. Be sure to include more information, such as the URL for the website having this problem. That will give others more to work off of in suggesting a solution. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

No i haven't found a solution for this, i move my wordpress website manually without the duplicator plugin

New

I was able to get around the timeout issue by using a filter, but would prefer to use the method mentioned by the moderator.  I do still have an issue related to lower case table name.  Currently my MYSQL database is set to 0 and I would like to be able to change that, but it doesn't look like I am able to modify any of the MYSQL variables.  Is there a way or do i need a ticket.

Also, in the moderators suggestion they said to add a .user.ini file to our account.  Are you saying create a .user.ini file and add that to the root directory of my server?

at kind Re: 500 internal error in WordPress when running duplicator plugin

what kind of services godaddy is providing us... I mean everytime there are issues with the hosting be it a backup or be it installing a new theme,. I think you ppl should upgrade your services asap.. Otherwise you will loose the precious customers..

So can you please tell me how do i fix this issue. Infact i was downloading the whole site from the hosting. After downloading half of the entire folder you ppl are minimizing the bandwidth from your servers. I mean what the hell is wriong with **bleep**in Godaddy....

Solution

I have this issue every time I try to deploy a duplicator package on my godaddy host.

Here is a solution that worked for me;

Upload the zip and installer.php file. Go to cpanel and open File Manager. Click the zip file so it is highlighted, then select the 'extract' option from the top menu. This will manually extract the package. Then goto yourdomain.com/installer.php and click the 'advanced options' and check the box for 'manual extraction'. Then run the script. This should work.

Solution

Try to increase the Max_ExecutionTime or Max_FileSize from the PHP.INI File. I was getting the same error when I was trying to move my site to Godaddy. If the size of the backup is large, you may also get this error during the build process. Try to reduce the size of the backup and run the plugin again. Unfortunately, the duplicator plugin didn't work for me and I moved my site using this Wordpress migration guide. I hope this will help you. Let me know if you need any further help.

Thank you! It really saved my day.