cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

500 - Internal server error - Deluxe Windows Hosting

Hi

Everytime I try to install a Plugin or Theme in my wordpress site, I encounter this problem

"

500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed."

My website is: www.intikhabesukhan.com 

I haven't installed any special plugins and theme is light, but it loads too slowly and also on internal pages give internal server error 500. 

I am looking for an efficient solution to this problem. Kindly recommend me if there is anything that can be done to avoid the issue or do I have to get a better hosting plan?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: 500 - Internal server error - Deluxe Windows Hosting

Hi @Faizan1, thanks for posting.

A 500 internal server error is a generic error message that generally means there was an issue with the scripting or programming of the site or file. I suggest that you try disabling any other plugins you might have on your WordPress site and try switching to a default theme to see if that alleviates the issue. Otherwise you can try enabling detailed error messages for more information on the error. See this article for info:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/get-detailed-errors-16085

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status
Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I
Solution

Re: 500 - Internal server error - Deluxe Windows Hosting

Hi @Faizan1,

Even though you may be starting with a light theme check your php setting and confirm that.   If you are at php 5.6, consider to going to at least 7.0 (its a one-way upgrade so make sure you're theme and plugins are up to date).

I consistently run into this error as a result of resource allocation problems.   What platform are you on?  Sometimes a simple update to an .ini file or wp-config.php.  Of course, this is not the only reason, but it is often my first step in troubleshooting a 500 error.

If you are on an older server, consider upgrading.  I use the Business Enterprise cPanel and it serves me quite well on a pretty decent e-commerce application.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites