cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

SSL certificate installation on add on domain

hi i want to know that how can i install the ssl certification on my addon domian 
i have ssl install on primary domain .. 
i have add second domain to cart while purchasing the Ultimate package from dodady hosting plan ..
ssl is install on primary domain but i want to install on my second (addon domain)..
please anyone help me for this ?

4 REPLIES 4
Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I

Re: SSL certificate installation on add on domain

Hi @usmankaka08,

You'll have to "map your domains" using your .htaccess file in EACH subdirectory.  Before you can have the SSL correctly pointed to the right place, the domain has to be resolving correctly for both the www version and the plain url.

This thread may help you out.

https://www.godaddy.com/community/Managing-Web-Hosting/Multiple-sites-on-same-cPanel-and-redirect-qu...?

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

i didn't understand at all...

Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I
Solution

When you are using cPanel, SSL is available for automatic installation at the root level.  If you want to use SSL on a folder/subdomain the SSL has to be issued and signed through a manual, step-by-step process.  This is one of the many hidden details in using multiple domains on a cPanel.  Each folder has to be defined in such a way that each domain on it has configuration details equal to that of the root. 

Domain management on a base cPanel setup is not as easy as it seems.  If this is a skill that you are interested in learning search the GoDaddy Blog for "multiple site on cPanel".  This one detail can create a headache of large proportions.

If you are using wordpress, you also have to address "domain mapping" within the wordpress framework.  Not difficult, but must be understood to make the most of your resources and ensure security.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

Thanks for help .. i appreciate it