cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL cert update

Hi all, my first time here, tho I've hosted my sites with godaddy for several years.
I've recently learned of the need to update SSL certs from paypal to SHA-256 and G5 root cert to maintain security verification and paypal connections.  

The paypal instructions tell me to contact my hosting service and ask if their SSLs have been changed.
Anyone know how if they've been done here, or who to ask?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: SSL cert update

Hey @indielabs,

Our certificates should be using the most current standards, but if you're using an SSL that was issued before this specific update then you'll want to your signature algorithm using the steps outlined here

Let me know if that works out for you. If any other member has had experience with needing to update their SSL for new security requirements to continue with services like PayPal, perhaps they'd be willing to share their own experience? 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
New

Re: SSL cert update

My PayPal checkout has stopped working.  Everything I've found points to a bad (or just not updated) SSL.  I have contacted PayPal and they say it is with the certificate.  I am using Zen Cart, contacted them too and they also say it's the certificate.

"An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. () - (60) SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate"