cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

If my hosting account is at GoDaddy, is there anything I should do after purchasing SSL certificat?

My hosting account is at godaddy so all my websites are hosted here, but my domains are divided, some are at godaddy and some are still at other domain sellers.  

The question: Is there anything I should do after purchasing the SSL certificate or everything will be taken care for the "transition" into SSL by the godaddy team?  I am not into website management so I want to know if this transition is smooth and if any of my websites/content will be affected etc... or everything will be smoothly and quickly transitioned by Godaddy ??  (especially that some of the website domains are not at godaddy, but their hostings are all here)

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I
Solution

Re: If my hosting account is at GoDaddy, is there anything I should do after purchasing SSL certific

Hi @brusseleir,

For those domains at GoDaddy the assignment of the SSL is very straightforward.  Whenever, you assign the SSL to a domain, have at least a couple hours of patience before the change goes through.  It actually can take as long as 24 hours.   DO NOT TRY TO REASSIGN during this time if it doesn't look like its working. Call support only after 24 hours.  Unfortunately, the propagation  process is not always as quick as we'd like.

For those domains registered elsewhere, you will need the IP address for each hosting platform.  The difficulty and steps for registration are dependent upon your registrars.  There is a HUGE variety of interfaces, but the information you'll need is readily available under your hosting panel settings.  Once again, be patient when you submit.  I once had someone have to wait 3 days for a propagation between servers and domain registrars.  Most of the time things go smoothly, but it is very dependent on "refreshing tables and databases".  Not all hosting/domain registrars are on the same schedule!

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

Re: If my hosting account is at GoDaddy, is there anything I should do after purchasing SSL certific

thank you.