cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

How to get a duplicate certificate

Hi,

We have a wild card certificate. I want to get a duplicate so I can use CSR from our FW and install on the firewall without affecting our other servers using the wild card certificate.

I could easily do this with Digicert. I have chatted 2 times with GoDaddy support and they tell me I need to either re-key and install the new wildcard on all our servers and the firewall or buy a new certificate for the firewall. This makes no sense to me.

Is there a way I can get a duplicate with GoDaddy. Please see link below showing how this can be done with Digicert.

Thanks

https://www.digicert.com/ssl-support/duplicate-ssl-certificates.htm

5 REPLIES 5
Employee
Employee
Solution

Re: How to get a duplicate certificate

Hello @toozombi

Thank you for posting. All you should need to do is export a copy of the key file from the primary server you originally keyed your SSL Certificate to. Then you'd just use that and the certificate files to install the the secondary server. If you're unsure how this is done, I'd recommend reaching out directly to our SSL Certificate support team. Their number is (480) 463-8887. They should be able to guide you on what to do. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Hi Heather,

Thanks for the info, I have already tried that to no avail. I have reached out to Fortinet for assistance as it is for one of their products and they told me to ask GoDaddy. Been going back and forth for days now.

Anything else I can try? How come GoDaddy does not give the option to get a duplicate certificate? This was not an issue with Digicert, I could paste a new CSR when asking for a duplicate of a wildcard certifcate and voila could install on the device that generated the CSR without the need to re-key and re-install the wildcard certificate as GoDaddy suggest.

Very frustrating.

Hi,

After attempting again what you suggested, it worked. I was using the wrong dropdown option to import the certificate to the device.

Thanks for your help.

Employee
Employee

Hello @toozombi!

Thank you for your reply. I'm happy you were able to finally get this working. Your replying with what finally worked will help others as well. 🙂 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

What if I need to duplicate the cert to a subsubdomain?  i.e. my cert if for *.website.com, and I need to duplicate it to work for *.subsite.website.com?  Here is a link to how Digicert does this with duplicate certs:

https://www.digicert.com/ssl-support/wildcard-san-names.htm