• Marketing Your Business

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Does Redesigning a website affect the websites SEO

Hi,

I have recently redesigned a website for a small company. I am pretty knew to website development and I was wondering if I just replaced there website with mine, would there be loss in SEO due to this? Is there steps I need to take in order to retain some of the SEO gained from the previous site?

Thanks

Sultan

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: Does Redesigning a website affect the websites SEO

@sultankhan19 

The short answer is it will depend on what you are changing

Long Answer

You want to make sure to set up redirects for any of the URLs that have changed. Additionally you want to make sure that your Meta Tags are configured for the new version of the site.

I would also make sure you have an XML sitemap and submit the site in Google Webmaster Tools

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Does Redesigning a website affect the websites SEO

Hi @sultankhan19,

Hi @jayeshtech & @maestrosoft,

Want to let you know that we're having a Community Virtual Meetup next week Wednesday, November 13th from 10-11am PST with the topic of "SEO 101". Please join if you can. You can register ahead of time here https://www.crowdcast.io/e/godaddy-community-2. Take care!

Rachel