cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
OurBar
New

Your email move was a roaring DISASTER

With almost no warning whatsoever, GoDaddy moved my, and everyone else's it appears, email platform from their awful Workspace platform to Outlook.  I got off the Workspace email platform a while ago, and have been using Apple's various email interfaces (on MacOS, iPadOS, iOS...).  I now have a bunch of new mailboxes that I'll never use (Journal? Tasks?) since I have apps for them in the Apple environment, and I can't find a way to eliminate them.  All of my flagged email messages have lost their flags.  I have multiple Trash folders to keep track of.  All of my Junk email rules are messed up and I'm having to re-train the Mail apps which folders to put messages in.

While these are mere annoyances compared to the impact of this migration on others, I still find myself angry that GoDaddy did not communicate this migration in advance (to me, anyway), and about all of the workflow changes that I'll have to make now.  Outlook, FFS!  And then they have the nerve to tell me that the migration was a "roaring success".  I may continue to use GoDaddy's services, but I will no longer recommend their services (I will actively encourage others to look for email hosting services from other providers).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ablake
Community Manager

Hi @OurBar,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with the switch from Workspace to Microsoft Office 365 email. Because they're separate platforms, we were able to move emails and folders, but other settings cannot transfer. 

However, you don't have to use Outlook if you prefer Apple's apps. Microsoft 365 email can be added to any of your favorite email applications, like Apple Mail

We have been moving Workspace to Microsoft Office 365 in stages, and we began communicating to customers in August. Your notifications would have been sent out around the time your email was migrated. Those go to the email on file for your account with us. If you didn't see them, the email we have on file for you may not be correct, or the messages may have ended up in spam. 

If you need help with any technical issues associated with the transition, please contact our transition team at (480) 463-8331.

Angela B - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ablake
Community Manager

Hi @OurBar,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with the switch from Workspace to Microsoft Office 365 email. Because they're separate platforms, we were able to move emails and folders, but other settings cannot transfer. 

However, you don't have to use Outlook if you prefer Apple's apps. Microsoft 365 email can be added to any of your favorite email applications, like Apple Mail

We have been moving Workspace to Microsoft Office 365 in stages, and we began communicating to customers in August. Your notifications would have been sent out around the time your email was migrated. Those go to the email on file for your account with us. If you didn't see them, the email we have on file for you may not be correct, or the messages may have ended up in spam. 

If you need help with any technical issues associated with the transition, please contact our transition team at (480) 463-8331.

Angela B - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post