cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Website Tonight - Unlimited Email Storage Promise Broken

I have an active domain with GoDaddy that I created with Website Tonight about 10 years ago.  Along with this domain, created with Website Tonight, I received 5 free email addresses as part of my package, and most importantly, the package offered UNLIMITED storage of emails.

When combining the total storage of all email accounts in use, I have somewhere between 30-40 GB of emails and attachments.  I want to keep all of them, be able to search for a sender or subject line topic with one search, and not have to pay any additional costs for that which I was promised was free when I first signed up 10 years ago.

There are those that say Workspace Webmail is old, cumbersome, and outdated, but it works great for my purposes.  Plus, it was the promise of FREE UNLIMITED STORAGE that really appealed to me.

Being as my domain was created with Website Tonight, I can not even move it to a different host, without spending many many hours of tedious work, and even then, it still won't look the same.  (I am in the medical field, and I don't have the time or inclination to learn how to create a website.  That's why I chose Website Tonight.)  My website might be dull and bland, but I like it, and I'm the one that is paying for it.

I feel like I am the victim of a "bait and switch" -- and that GoDaddy has BROKEN THE PROMISE OF UNLIMITED STORAGE.

What is the solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Muse
Super User 2020

@4McGillicuddy 

I understand your frustration.   I too used Workspace mail.  However, I've been at this for over 25 years and from experience can tell you nothing is forever.  Especially anything that is free and unlimited.

Technology changes and evolves and there are times where keeping an older outdated  platform is no longer possible to support.  I've lost count of the times I've had to switch, move -- and evolve.   Not because I necessarily wanted to but because I had to.  

While moving to a new platform or email service provider is something none of us want to do, that doesn't make it a bait-n-switch switch situation.   Technology providers do not guarantee products, services or prices for perpetuity.  If you think about it, how could anyone run a business model like that?

So at this point, your best bet is to find a new solution that works for you and work to get that in place as best you can.   The good news is you would then be on a platform that is rocking current technology.  😉

Judith
"No guts, no story." ~ Chris Brady

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Muse
Super User 2020

@4McGillicuddy 

I understand your frustration.   I too used Workspace mail.  However, I've been at this for over 25 years and from experience can tell you nothing is forever.  Especially anything that is free and unlimited.

Technology changes and evolves and there are times where keeping an older outdated  platform is no longer possible to support.  I've lost count of the times I've had to switch, move -- and evolve.   Not because I necessarily wanted to but because I had to.  

While moving to a new platform or email service provider is something none of us want to do, that doesn't make it a bait-n-switch switch situation.   Technology providers do not guarantee products, services or prices for perpetuity.  If you think about it, how could anyone run a business model like that?

So at this point, your best bet is to find a new solution that works for you and work to get that in place as best you can.   The good news is you would then be on a platform that is rocking current technology.  😉

Judith
"No guts, no story." ~ Chris Brady

View solution in original post