cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Stuart53
New

Upset with GoDaddy for email move

I am upset with GoDaddy and their customer support. I have had Workspace email for several years with Godaddy without any issues. Their sales representative attempted to move me to Office 360 several months ago and the cost was prohibitive and did not make good sense when I was perfectly happy with Workspace email. I needed to add two more emails and the representative today told me I had no choice and had to use Office 360. The cost for two emails using Office 360 was $263.52, flat out crazy price which I did pay for. To add insult to injury they set it up under a domain we do not use. It would not allow me to switch it over to the two domains we do use. I felt I got ripped off by GoDaddy today for a product I cannot easily set up since they assign it to a domain we do not use. Ripped Off and Poor Customer Service on top of that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ablake
Community Manager

Hi @Stuart53, welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear you did not have a good support experience. Just from reading the post, I'm not sure what they did wrong, but I don't have the details of your unique situation and account activities.

I know some people were happy with Workspace and are sad to see it go. As with any software or service provider, we have to keep moving or get left behind. I, for one, was disappointed when Adobe switched to a subscription-based business model, and I could no longer buy Photoshop on disk. The subscription costs me more money in the long run. I also bought a new Macbook this year because my old one had become obsolete and couldn't support the Big Sur OS update.

All this is to say that I understand where you're coming from and have felt your pain.

I also think I can explain why your Microsoft 365 email is on a different domain and you can't switch it to the one you use:

If the domain you use is still on Workspace, and not in the process of migrating to Microsoft 365, you can't use it on your two new email accounts. It's a technical limitation with DNS records: you can't point one domain to two different mail services at the same time and have it work properly.

So, if support set up your emails on an alternate domain, it should have been so you could start using the email accounts immediately (on the alternate domain) until you move your main domain & its existing email accounts over to Microsoft 365.

If that's not the case, I hope you will call back in and give our support team another chance to help you. 

I know this is a long reply, but I thought your post deserved a thorough response and a little commiseration.

Angela B - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ablake
Community Manager

Hi @Stuart53, welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear you did not have a good support experience. Just from reading the post, I'm not sure what they did wrong, but I don't have the details of your unique situation and account activities.

I know some people were happy with Workspace and are sad to see it go. As with any software or service provider, we have to keep moving or get left behind. I, for one, was disappointed when Adobe switched to a subscription-based business model, and I could no longer buy Photoshop on disk. The subscription costs me more money in the long run. I also bought a new Macbook this year because my old one had become obsolete and couldn't support the Big Sur OS update.

All this is to say that I understand where you're coming from and have felt your pain.

I also think I can explain why your Microsoft 365 email is on a different domain and you can't switch it to the one you use:

If the domain you use is still on Workspace, and not in the process of migrating to Microsoft 365, you can't use it on your two new email accounts. It's a technical limitation with DNS records: you can't point one domain to two different mail services at the same time and have it work properly.

So, if support set up your emails on an alternate domain, it should have been so you could start using the email accounts immediately (on the alternate domain) until you move your main domain & its existing email accounts over to Microsoft 365.

If that's not the case, I hope you will call back in and give our support team another chance to help you. 

I know this is a long reply, but I thought your post deserved a thorough response and a little commiseration.

Angela B - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post