cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Secure SSL/TLS email not working with Laravel

Hello.

I'm using GoDaddy server for my personal website and a DigitalOcean server for a larger project which wouldn't be suitable for a shared hosting.

I own 2 domains (on Godaddy) and one is pointing to the GoDaddy server, and the second one is pointing to the DigitalOcean server (while using mail and other DNS records as default - pointing to GoDaddy).

In my Laravel app, on the DigitalOcean server, if I use non-secure email settings (mail.domain.com:25), everything works, mails are being sent. But if I use secure email settings, every time I receive Connection to n3plcpnl0099.prod.ams3.secureserver.net:465 Timed Out and I can't send an email.

Can anyone point me out, what am I doing wrong here?

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Secure SSL/TLS email not working with Laravel

Hi @Gerira. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! If I understand what you're saying, you're trying to send SMTP mail from your Digital Ocean server though the hosting you have with GoDaddy. It's tough to say what the issue could be, as there a lot of server variations that could be coming into play. Perhaps if you add additional details about the software involved and clarify how to email is being sent, someone may be able to suggest a solution to the issue. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.