Did you mean: 

Receiving rejection notices for messages I didn't send

I have been receiving emails for the last 3 hours from 

Message Delivery Failure
4 minutes ago at 5:25 PM
Frommailer-daemon@secureserver.net

I called in to godaddy and a tech had me add 
v=spf1 +a +mx include:spf.secureserver.net ~all
 to my dns management and said this would fix it but it has not. I have had over 500 of these emails come in 
1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Receiving rejection notices for messages I didn't send

Hi @johnosvision. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! I can understand how that would be frustrating. It sounds like your domain is being spoofed. This means that someone that doesn't actually have access to your domain is using it to send misleading emails. While the "From" address might be something @yourdomain.com, it won't actually come from your domain. The DNS record you added is to intended to tell the sending and receiving mail servers not to send messages from your domain accept from the servers you indicate in the record. Unfortunately, in some situations, it's not possible to completely stop the mail from going out due to mail servers not observing these rules. 

What is happening in your situation is likely that the messages that are being sent are getting rejected and then bounced back to you. My suggestion would be to disable any "catchall" settings you have for your address. A catchall account usually will receive all messages sent to the domain that are incorrectly addressed. If you disable the catchall feature, you probably won't see most of these messages. Also, the following is likely the SPF record you'd want to use:

v=spf1 include:secureserver.net ~all

I hope this helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.