cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Ollie1
New

Moving from Workspace Email to Microsoft Office 365 Outlook

Anyone else not happy with the migration from Workspace to Microsoft Office 365-Outlook ?

First....they choose the absolute worst time of year to roll this out.   I own a small retail business and this is the craziest busy time of year.  And given how difficult business has been this past year,  I don't appreciate Godaddy rolling out a major change during the few weeks I have to make money.

Second...... many of the features or settings did not move with the migration.  It seems you have to go into settings and learn the new interface and how to set up things you want and don't want.   Again...it's Christmas time.   I don't have time to do this right now but seem to have no choice due to GoDaddy's  poor planning.

Third....I can't even find some features (like my signature, etc.) and don't have more time to hunt for it.   I've looked in settings and can't find it.

Fourth.....I always though that Outlook was a virus magnet which is one of the reasons I NEVER used the platform with my Microsoft Office products.   Why are they forcing us to use a product we don't want ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ablake
Community Manager

Hey @Ollie1,

Thanks for voicing your concerns over the migration from Workspace to Microsoft Office 365 here. We know a lot of our customers are pretty attached to our Workspace email, and we're happy to have been able to provide such a well-liked product for so many years.

The hard truth is that Workspace hasn't aged well. We released it a long time ago, and there's much better technology available today. We chose Microsoft Office 365 as a replacement primarily for the security features.

It's been our experience that they have some of the best spam and virus protection in the industry. You aren't required to use Outlook as your email client, though. Office 365 email can be added to any of your favorite applications, like Apple Mail. 

That being said, I recognize how much of an inconvenience for you it must be that your migration occurred at this time of year. We began the transition process in July and August, but it wasn't prudent to migrate everyone at once. The process has been happening in waves since then. Because they're separate platforms, email & folders migrate but settings do not. 

If you have any technical difficulty with the transition, or you're missing any content, please reach out to our transition team at (480) 463-8331.

Angela B - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ablake
Community Manager

Hey @Ollie1,

Thanks for voicing your concerns over the migration from Workspace to Microsoft Office 365 here. We know a lot of our customers are pretty attached to our Workspace email, and we're happy to have been able to provide such a well-liked product for so many years.

The hard truth is that Workspace hasn't aged well. We released it a long time ago, and there's much better technology available today. We chose Microsoft Office 365 as a replacement primarily for the security features.

It's been our experience that they have some of the best spam and virus protection in the industry. You aren't required to use Outlook as your email client, though. Office 365 email can be added to any of your favorite applications, like Apple Mail. 

That being said, I recognize how much of an inconvenience for you it must be that your migration occurred at this time of year. We began the transition process in July and August, but it wasn't prudent to migrate everyone at once. The process has been happening in waves since then. Because they're separate platforms, email & folders migrate but settings do not. 

If you have any technical difficulty with the transition, or you're missing any content, please reach out to our transition team at (480) 463-8331.

Angela B - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post