cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
SocNaz
New

Moved our hosting but keep domain at GoDaddy. Now email forwarding not working.

Last week, we moved our hosting but kept our domain registered at GoDaddy.  We use Free Email Forwarding.  When we made the move, it changed our MX records but I have since changed them back.  When I go to Workspace Control Center - Tools - Server Settings, it says: Your MX records are correct.

But behind each of our email addresses in the list is an error icon in the Alerts column.  When I click on it, it says: 

Based on your current MX record settings, we determined that your email is currently set up to work with a different provider. You cannot manage third party email accounts from the Workspace Control Center.

We have 2 options at the bottom: 

Leave my email settings as they are and delete my Workspace email.
 Reconfigure my MX records to use Workspace email.
We've selected the second option multiple times and waited well over the 48 hours it said it could take but nothing has changed.  How do I get our email working again?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TLH

Hi @SocNaz,

Welcome to the Community!

If, when you moved your hosting and redirected the domain, you applied that hosting provider's nameservers, all DNS would have changed to their default settings. And all zone files would be managed there as well. So when you click the option to "Reconfigure my MX records to use Workspace email" at GoDaddy, the GoDaddy system will have no access to that hosting company in order to make the update. You must change the MX records in the DNS manually at that host.

While you can see what the MX records need to be in the email plan of the GoDaddy account, you'll need to contact your hosting provider for instruction on making the update there. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PL281
Super User 2020

@SocNaz 

What is your domain name?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

TLH

Hi @SocNaz,

Welcome to the Community!

If, when you moved your hosting and redirected the domain, you applied that hosting provider's nameservers, all DNS would have changed to their default settings. And all zone files would be managed there as well. So when you click the option to "Reconfigure my MX records to use Workspace email" at GoDaddy, the GoDaddy system will have no access to that hosting company in order to make the update. You must change the MX records in the DNS manually at that host.

While you can see what the MX records need to be in the email plan of the GoDaddy account, you'll need to contact your hosting provider for instruction on making the update there. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post