cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Iphone & Email Syncing Issues

For about 6 months now, my email with godaddy (pop3) and my iphone do not sync well.  When I delete an email from my Iphone it will come back, despite my settings being correct.  I have to delete the same emails several times.  I have the latest IOS 9 on an Iphone 6.

Is this a known problem or does any one have any advice?

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Iphone & Email Syncing Issues

I've been having this same problem off and on for years, but it's at it's worst right now. I have to login to webmail to delete emails off the server.

Hi @treyinga and @choptop.

If you are using POP to check your email, it does not sync with the server at all. POP only downloads copies of the messages to your device. It does not sync back to the server to delete the messages or make other changes in the email address.

It sounds like you are wanting to have an IMAP sync on your email address. IMAP does sync changes and deletions. If you are using our WorkSpace email, IMAP is only available on the Unlimited Email plans.

IMAP (or Exchange) is also available on any Office365 email plans.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status

Correct, but there is an advanced setting within the iPhone email settings that is supposed to delete incoming emails from the mail server when you remove them from your iPhone mail app's inbox regardless of whether your email account is pop or imap. This functionality is not working correctly with my account.

Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @choptop.

Hmm, it should work if that setting is ticked. I'd recommend reaching out to our support team to troubleshoot this when you can.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

YES, we are having the same problem.  It worked fine before, but we just upgraded phones and it no longer works as it used to.

New

on the last update I cannot sync...did you ever get a resolution?

@JimboPlays wrote:

YES, we are having the same problem.  It worked fine before, but we just upgraded phones and it no longer works as it used to.

emails sent from my iphone are not sync with outlook desktop client

Hello,

I have a problem where any email sent from iPhone is not being sync with outlook client, so any email sent from iPhone I am unable to find in sent items folder in outlook

Iphone & Email Syncing Issues iphone 7

Hello Smiley Happy

I have an iphone7 and am currently trying to set up the mail on it. I have set it up using IMAP settings and am downloading and sending no problems. 

It does not give me the option to sync the contacts from the webmail nor is it syncing the 'folders' or what I have done with previous emails ie every single email every sent is sitting in the inbox, not in the folders where filed online. 

Help please? 

Thanks,

Mel 

Re: Go Daddy Email sync issise

we switched our hosting over to Go Daddy about six months ago initially we had no problems with our emails sinking on our devices using IMAP, however Go Daddy without letting us know changed the in going and outgoing mail server settings to a shorter string which includes our website name.  This is great because it allows us to easily program the inbound and outbound using our website name. However since then we've been having problems with mail syncing. For example we have three emails that I would like to sync to my desktop to my laptop into my iPhone (it should be said I am a Mac user) all of my devices are I OS.. So if I send an email to myself for example from training@airborneworks.com to my main email.... It shows up briefly on my laptop and on my phone but then disappears and is nowhere to be found on my mail server I'll beach my devices...... However when I log into Control Panel I do see the email in the inbox but it shows that it's been deleted...... No one at Go Daddy is able to explain to me how this is possible....... How am I to receive my emails after being deleted before I can read them..... Go Daddy seems to want to sell me Microsoft 365 and that's their answer..... At this point I'm starting to look for other hosting companies.... Because quite frankly email is not rocket science they should easily be able to resolve this issue.... They're telling me it is device related I'm having a hard time understanding perhaps it is but no one Apple has been able to help me resolve the issue... If there's anyone out there who has a solution before I leave Go Daddy please feel free to post it or send me an email at marc@airborneworks.com..... I will get to email because I've set up my Gmail account to capture all these inbound emails that's the only way I can see my emails at this point which is very very frustrating.... Any help would be appreciated..

New

That's what you always recommend.  The issue with you reply is that your support staff DOES NOT KONW how to administer Microsoft's product suite.  Also, you have effectively rendered the administrators (yes, that's us - your client) by removing permissions so we need to rely on you to do things.  That's circular logic because the staff isn't well trained: it's clear their is 0 understanding of the most basic things like Spam, mobile sync and outlook clients.  I'm am so VERY SORRY I ever signed up for this.  And, because of all of the frustration I've had, I'm simply going to pony up and pay Microsoft $13 a month even though my subscription with you lasts another year.  

Re: Go Daddy Email sync issise

This is 100% about godaddy trying to drive users away from their workspace product.

They are charging alot more money for 365.

They are limiting functionality in order to do this.

Re: Iphone & Email Syncing Issues iphone 7

I have the same problem as her , I've retrieved all of my emails but I can not retrieve my contacts? Help what do I do?

I now have workspace email on my desktop (for a number of reasons) I am not tech savvy. Smiley Sad. I need to get all my emails from my iphone 6s and get them on to my workspace contact list. I have ZERO clue how to do this. Please advise. Thank you.

Freezing on my iphone

Hi all, have any of you had issues with freezing on your iPhone.. I have a 8 plus and I have had it looked at by apple many times and reset many times.  through process of elimination, I found that once I put in my go daddy email, the phone just freezes in contacts, messages and voicemail's. Anyone else suffering from a frozen iPhone?  Thank you

Linda

Solution

Re: Freezing on my iphone

Hey @Lmarieweilert,

That's really odd.  Being an Apple user myself, I know with older versions of the iPhone (i.e., 4, 5, etc.), I had occasionally had it hang when trying to add my email account to the new phone.  Usually a hard reset (holding the lock and home buttons together) did the trick, and after the reset, it worked just fine for me. 

You may want to confirm the settings you're attempting to use either through your email account, or with our Support teams, just to make sure that isn't the culprit.  If it's not, it sounds like something may be buggy on the phone.

Hope that helps.

ML - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/24-7support