cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Email spam help

I have domain at godaddy but my hosting is at hostgator. Now, my registered users get their mail in spam folder. I contacted hostgator support but they cant do nothing because i have domain somewhere else, so i need to change "dns" or somthing. Guy from support gave me this link:  http://leafdns.com/index.cgi?testid=1A114B86

I have only domain and i dont know where and what to change. Chat is offline so i cant contact them.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email spam help

Hi @Croat,

No, you shouldn't change your name servers. Your registered users now getting mail in spam folder is nothing to do with your DNS, it's to do with you changing your hosting by the sounds of it as you said 'Now, my registered users get their mail in spam folder." Which surely points to a recent change. Also this points to the hosting and not the DNS.

It's very easy to fix if you send an email to all explaining to add to their contacts to make sure future emails don't go into spam box.

Did you know where the 'spam' term came from? Monty Pythons Flying Circus, as does PYTHON coding language. Developers tend to love that stuff............ 

Isn't it 'just so' that because your domain is with Godaddy that Hostgator wash their hands and say they can't offer support on this issue.

But although your hosting is with Hostgator you can still pick up the phone and call Godaddy support!!

Just saying..................

Rammsteinium,

CEO Ministry of Silly Walks.

New

Sorry, i writed wrong. I still didnt open site to register users but i test it myself. Every email is in spam folder. I dont know what to do.

edit: i would call them but im in Croatia..

I need to change mx entry but dont know where to change it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Solution

@Croat,

@Croat wrote:

Sorry, i writed wrong. I still didnt open site to register users but i test it myself. Every email is in spam folder. I dont know what to do.

edit: i would call them but im in Croatia..

I need to change mx entry but dont know where to change it.

There is a Godaddy support number for Poland.......

or you need to :-

http://support.hostgator.com/articles/how-do-i-change-my-sites-mx-record-to-point-mail-to-another-se...