cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Email sent to SPAM folder

When my email is forwarded to my personal AOL email account,  it is coming over marked as:

From                Subject

None                (No subject) From: mailer@secureserver.net Reply-To {domain_email}

due to how it is marked is probably why it is direct to the SPAM file. Is there a way I can correct the problem.        Thanks for any help provided. 

7 REPLIES 7
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Email sent to SPAM folder

Hi @Paulxh. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! I haven't seen this issue before. If you can share the type of email forwarding you have set up and your address or domain, that may help others offer suggestions on how you can address this. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

JesseW,

Thanks for replying:  my Email plan is the free fowarding accounts hosting package, and my domain is httpSmiley Tongueowerministries.info.  The site and the mail form is made entirely of HTML code, however the mail was fowarding properly about 2 months ago. and the code on the pages has not changed.

The email that is fowarded to my spam folder now has this text under the email sent date:

Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2018 22:30:13 -0700
X-CMAE-Envelope: MS4wfMbigCzF/Brw6dneHTeRxeGdLy9kshBIqhmHtEBXSOrv3+jpUul87U20PKSA3rOBsc2xMYXvZZ94a683ZT//Zu4fZJHIc+qgXTnjU+4hn8kK0E6JgM/l
T/wbYrmNPAQGBOUN82amJf+O+o4PJVKWEtUo6PNpB6EKv43jjKbjmsw1CTnY7+wXx3cTrT4zhCiM6OIE9uXlHccO8pkW19W0st0=

any help would be greatly appreciated

New

ops the domain name got messed up, it is - Powerministries.info

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Paulxh. It looks like you're hosting your site on one of our older platforms and you mentioned using an HTML form. I can see that you're using /gdform.php as for your form action. You may want to try reinstalling the default scripts for your account to see if that helps with sending from the right address. Also, I'd suggest editing the SPF record for your domain so that it points to "v=spf1 include:secureserver.net –all" instead of what you currently have. Your current SPF record is another reason why your messages might be getting delivered to spam. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

JesseW,

I did both things you suggested,  reinstalling the default scripts and also editing the SPF to add in the "include:securesever.net -all" in the v=spfl record.  My email is still going into my SPAM folder.

New

Ever since on my Godaddy account I received a warning under my products that says:

We cant renew your Email forwarding because of a payment issue,

My email forwarding has been ending up in my SPAM folder. I have clicked on the [renew now] button. and paid the $2.90 - 2 or three times,  - it makes no difference.  I have talked with the sales teem, they told me to ignore the issue, because I am using the free email forwarding.

Inside the email is this field that was not there before when all worked and the email came to my [inbox]

---------------------

X-CMAE-Envelope: MS4wfPdUAnh7GBQPoGS0XAFnUgp3A0NXxSBHclMWZze39NF1/1xuvYpjnsSVqI4QnAxMHkTvrrJ3j2Dj7ff9W2+1nLuBEwKggbFi0c/tUaYxryEyldGFs6Ds
y0rcn3j5/2g8g8FgY42/BGyru+qMroo2N9zzk3ykqDcnIryumeh1gS3G7Gq6ZICFIv56vUO6x+vXo+dTnkUWPTWWpuO8KEaj6kY
---------------------------------
This error seems to be on the Godaddy server side, since my email form has not changed.
Could someone please help.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @Paulxh. Sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this. I'd suggest getting in touch with our hosting support specifically. They can test the form mail scripts to see if what you're seeing is something that is being added by our system. If it is, then they should be able to help get that addressed. If it isn't, then it would be something outside of our control.