cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email from Godaddy to Gmail failing due to low ip reputation

I am trying to use Python to send email with my godaddy account to a gmail adress. However, every attemp are rejected due to:

Our system has detected that this message is likely suspicious due to the very low reputation of the sending IP address. 

As soon as I run my script, I look in my Godaddy mailbox and get this text:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. 

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

* user@gmail.com

Reason: There was an error while attempting to deliver your message with [Subject: "Email Subject from 06-12-18"] to user@gmail.com. MTA n1plsmtpa01-03.prod.ams1.secureserver.net received this response from the destination host IP - 74.125.195.26 - 550 , 550-5.7.1 [188.121.53.1 18] Our system has detected that this message is
550-5.7.1 likely suspicious due to the very low reputation of the sending IP
550-5.7.1 address. To best protect our users from spam, the message has been
550-5.7.1 blocked. Please visit
550 5.7.1 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/188131 for more information. k123-v6si3284323pgc.203 - gsmtp

It appears that the ip is blacklisted with google, any recommendation ?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Email from Godaddy to Gmail failing due to low ip reputation

Having the same issue

Re: Email from Godaddy to Gmail failing due to low ip reputation

This seems to be an ongoing issue. this thread: https://www.godaddy.com/community/Managing-Email/Godaddy-mail-relay-has-been-blacklisted-by-several-...

shows that they've been having issues since 2016 but the thread was just closed last thursday by a Mod saying the thread was too old and should be started fresh. Mod JesseW also stated "The best thing to do if you find that your email is sent from a blacklisted IP is to contact support to let them know." Could we get a direct email link for support so we can just forward it when it happens? If that link was found in this thread it might make everyone's lives MUCH easier and help resolve the issue faster. A direct email address to forward the bounced email would be GREATLY appreciated.