cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Email Not Sending

Anyone else having issues with IMAP email not sending?

i go through this every six or seven months and have been with godaddy for quite a long time

once again will issue a support ticket and goes nowhere and spend endless hours with support and nothing 

Naturally I'm out away on business and here we go again.

i have a number of premium services here and spend quite a bit of money with godaddy and this is getting quite frugstrating. It's happening to all my employees as well on multiple platforms and email clients.

a quick goggle search on the subject shows others are experiencing similar issues but reaching out to the community here as well hoping to get some positive results on a fix.

43 REPLIES 43
Helper IV Helper IV
Helper IV

Re: Email Not Sending

Hi @panandtilt

I'll try to help.

You said it happens every six or seven months. So it's working and then suddenly stops working. Here are some questions:

1. What are you using to send mail? Are you using a program like iOS Mail or Outlook, or using a webmail app like the one that comes with your GoDaddy account?

2. What happens when it doesn't send? Does it just stay in the drafts folder or sending folder or whatever, or does it bounce back when you send it? Do you get an error message at all?

3. Are you using the GoDaddy email product, or the email inside cPanel (a control panel that comes with web hosting accounts)?

4. Are you able to send mail from your account using a different device? For example, you can't send from your iPhone but you can send from your computer?

5. How does the problem get resolved when it starts working again?

Knowing more about the issue will help people in the Forums provide more useful advice.

Cheers!

Doc

Need some help with WordPress? Check out Site Doctor 911
Worry-Free WordPress Support - So You Can Focus On The Important Stuff

Re: Email Not Sending - ME TOO!

I am having the same problem. have Premium Services and numerous eMail accounts. Send eMails, all are captured in the Sent folder and none bounce back -- but none are delivered. Send, cc and bcc to myself (several accounts) and 1 in ten was getting through at first but past few days, none are delivered. 

Help!

Re: Email Not Sending - ME TOO!

I'm also experiencing the same issue with emails not sending. I went through the steps for set up on iPhone, iPad & iOS and even after going through the trouble shooting steps, still having the same problem. I am able to receive emails just not send.

New

I'm having the same trouble with email: unable to send. I have multiple accounts, and one appears to be experiencing issues. I'm answering these questions in case someone has some troubleshooting advice. Thanks!

1. What are you using to send mail? Are you using a program like iOS Mail or Outlook, or using a webmail app like the one that comes with your GoDaddy account?

Outlook on a Mac and on a smartphone. Right now, only the phone can send.

2. What happens when it doesn't send? Does it just stay in the drafts folder or sending folder or whatever, or does it bounce back when you send it? Do you get an error message at all?

On the Mac, there is no error message or sign that it didn't send. No bounce back. (By the way, the computer last week did also show that 30 messages from March had been re-sent, but they had not.)

3. Are you using the GoDaddy email product, or the email inside cPanel (a control panel that comes with web hosting accounts)?

Having trouble with her Outlook on phone and computer, the account user tried the webmail interface and had some trouble getting into it the first few times.

4. Are you able to send mail from your account using a different device? For example, you can't send from your iPhone but you can send from your computer?

Yes. Can't send from computer right now and can send from phone. I believe the account user said that the reverse was true last week.

Is there a resolution?

I use webmail and my emails are not sending. They sometimes say they have been sent but they are still in the drafts folder. Others just sit there and don't move.

New

I've had the same email issues going on intermittently for years.  We need a resolution to this right away please.  I host my business website on Go-daddy and have to use alternative means to send replies the last few days; thank goodness most of those don't need attachments at this point.

Let's get this fixed!  Thank you!

Employee
Employee

@Kirk1 @panandtilt @trishjax @Julia101 @KEH17 

Hi folks! This issue is a tough one as there are many different possible factors and it sounds like you all have slightly different issues. Those of you sending messages that appear to have been sent but are never received, I'd recommend reaching out to our support team so they can look into this for you. If you reach out within 24 hours of the message being sent, they'll be able to let you know if it left our network or not. If it left our network, the recipient should reach out to their email provider to troubleshoot why the message never arrived. 

For those of you whose messages are never leaving your email client, the first thing I'd like you all to try the next time you're having trouble is to try sending from Web-Based Email. If you are able to send from Web-Based Email, the issue is local. Either within the email client you're using or on the network you're sending from. We have a few guides out there to help troubleshoot your client. From our Help section, I conducted this search. If you try the suggestions in the article for your respective client and are still having these issues, reach out to our team so they can troubleshoot with you further. Thanks Folks!

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I am also having this issues from last 3 hours. I use Webmail, non of my emails are delivered, but are showing in sent items.

New

My problem for the last several days is no email sending from PC based Workspace email.  All email sent from Android phone works just fine; but obviously this is not the best scenario since I need to attach items for my business.  

Need to get this resolved.  Any search on PC based Workspace email is fruitless in the search bar.

I'm using web email and I get an error message that says the draft failed to save.  When I do get it to save it appears it won't send it even after I've pressed the send button.

One email returned saying it gave up trying to send it so I contacted my client who said she got the email.

Need a solution asap.  

New

I need a solution now.  I have invoices to send out that I can't do from my Android.  has to be PDF attachments to email sent from PC.  Once again, I can only send/respond to email from my Android  NOT my Webspace access using 

Chrome

Version 52.0.2743.116 m

Google Chrome is up to date.

Are you out there?  Is anyone reading this?

Same problem for me. Webmail doesn't send from Chrome. Chrome is updated. IE IS sending emails. This happens  about every six months or so - something Chrome and GoDaddy does that both of them don't like. Try another browser folks - I'll bet it will work. Irritating as hell though when Chrome is your go to browser and the one that autoloads. 

New

Hello, I use Godaddy Webmail on Chrome and this is correct, it happens every few months where I compose the message and then click send, but it doesn't send, in fact it doesn't even pretend to send (as in with the message "sending...").  Sometimes, back in the day, it would say "sending..." and just hang there and not send.  

I've figured a workaround in chrome, at least for me, if I pop out the compose window and hit send it doesn't fully send on my side where the compose window goes away, it just hangs on the "send..." message but when I check the sent folder, it's actually sent and I receive replies to these messages. 

I don't want to be forced to use the IE browser.  Any help on this would be appreciated.

Same problem here. This REALLY looks like a problem with the GoDaddy webmail interface, I wish they would own up and just fix it.

For a workaround, I also found that going to the classic view and opening a separate compose window seems to work. Shouldn't have to do that, though.

Same problem here. When I spoke to a GD (that's Go Daddy, not Goddamn) tech they had me switch from classic view to updated view. It worked once, but I'm having the same problems today. Come on, Go Daddy, get this fixed.

I thought I was having an uncommon problem - apparently not! I use Chrome as my default browser and use web-based mail and am having the same problem. I don't even get the "Sending..." pop up anymore though, the send button just does absolutely nothing. I can send emails through the GoDaddy app on my iPhone totally fine though. Because this is a business account for me, I use my computer more than my phone when sending emails, so I'm having to use Safari as my browser JUST to send work emails. Pretty lame. Really hope this gets fixed soon.

I am also having the same problem, for about 2 weeks now.

I use both Chrome, and Internet Explorer, and my cell and its happening in all .

I press the send button, it says "sending" but doesnt go, it will save in Drafts, but not send - even after I wait and come back and press send several times. If I refresh, then it will only send the 1st email after I log out and log back in, after the 1st one, the other dont go through. I may sometimes send one while its still saying "sending" and I have no idea it went.

I need Godaddy to fix this immediately - its slows us down and its frustrating.

Heather,

I am using the godaddy webmail for my email.  Messages are not able to be sent from the desktop.  To send an email i have to save to my drafts and then send using my phone.  Also, email addresses that used to prepopulate in the " To: "  section do not anymore. 

Is there a solution for this?

thanks

Brad

brad@cfcautocredit.com

same here, sporadic e-mail failures in sending

now I can't delete e-mails

>to trash

>hit inbox

>everything i just trashed is back in my inbox...

Solution

Hey @RapidDog,

Sending issues were earlier reported on our Status Page. We're currently investigating new reports of moving/deleting messages not functioning now. Sorry for any trouble caused.

There's actually another topic of discussion regarding the new event our teams are working to correct now over at Webmail Stuck On "Loading Email..."

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

I use Mozilla's Thunderbird for sending and receiving email.  For the last two weeks (approximate) I have not been able to send email using Thunderbird.  If I use Workspace, through the Godaddy site, that does work.  But it won't work via Thunderbird.  I can receive, but not send.  Did any of the parameters for smtpout.secureserver.net change?

Super User II
Super User II

@alowe56 wrote:

I use Mozilla's Thunderbird for sending and receiving email.  For the last two weeks (approximate) I have not been able to send email using Thunderbird.  If I use Workspace, through the Godaddy site, that does work.  But it won't work via Thunderbird.  I can receive, but not send.  Did any of the parameters for smtpout.secureserver.net change?

I use a similar setup and haven't had any issues. What port are you using? Does it require SSL? This is my setup:

Mail is sent through: smtpout.secureserver.net
Secured connection on port 465 using SSL

That did the trick.  Thanks.

Hello.

I am also using Mozilla's Thunderbird for sending and receiving email.

My setting are already:

SERVER: smtpout.secureserver.net

PORT: 465

AUTHENTICATION: Normal password

CONNECTION SECURITY: SSL/TLS

When I send an e-mail I am asked for my username password.

Thank you in advance!

Employee
Employee

Hello @DK7DK7DK7!

Thank you for posting! To help the community better help you, can you provide more information? What type of email you're using, etc? Thanks!

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

I have an iPhone 7+ and trying to set up mail.  I have all these settings set up.  I can receive mail but not send.  I have tried to turn off SSL and use ports 80, 3535, 25, but they time out  When I use SSL with 465 it says wrong username and/or password. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Solution

Hi @EnviroFirst

Welcome to our forums, this isn't quite the same issue as the others in this thread. In the future, you may get more attention to your post if you create a new thread or search for one that already exists with the same issue. Check out this article https://godaddy.com/help/iphone-troubleshooting-email-setup-6724, it should be able to help you out. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

I followed everything in that link except contacting customer support.  That's my last step, unless you can advise better.

I had a domain that was connected to Office 365 for email.  As of two days ago, I updated the DNS Zone files to all point to my new server I am personally using for using email for that domain.  Now, some emails arrive at the new server fine from services like AOL.  But, if I send an email from another account that is hosted by Office 365, that doesn't seem to have been updated and won't send.  For example.  me@abc.com ( hosted via office 365) will give an error sending to me@zxy.com.  The mail bounces back because for some reason sending from ABC.com thinks it still hosted by 365.   if I send from aol.com then the email arrives at the correct server.  Any advice?

New

Just like DK7DK7DK7 I use Thunderbird to access my GoDaddy E-Mail accounts.  About a month ago it started making reenter or retry sending several times before it would send, but it would send!  I've been using Thunderbrid for several years to do this, with few problems.  I was able to use yesterday. Today it refuses to send!  I had slightly different;

Port 3534

Security: None

Authentication: Password, transmitted insecurely

I tried what you had said to DK7

Port 465

Security: SSL.TLS

Normal Password

I also tried exiting and restarting Thunderbird.  Then restarted computer.

Still won't send.

Any thoughts?  Worked yesterday!  I also have another GoDaddy/Thunderbird account I'm using, the settings, except for account and user names is the same.  THAT one works!

Thanks

My story is like RSC's: for a while, it would take several clicks of the "Retry" button to send e-mail in Thunderbird. Starting yesterday, I cannot get past the Login Failed box. Webmail works, and I haven't changed my POP mail settings for the outgoing server:

Port: 3535

Authentication method: Password, transmitted insecurely

Connection Security: None

At the same time, I became unable to send e-mail on my Android phone. VERY frustrating.

Solution

To update my own post . . . Everything was solved by switching from POP to IMAP; GoDaddy tech support was very helpful in the process.

Hi guys if you have any solution for my problem plz suggest

All our mail ids are unable to send mails to external domains like gmail,rediffmail,yahoomail etc since from 5 days getting bounce back email saying like your domain exceeded max mails per hour surprised coz we won't send not more than 300 mails per day contacted godaddy regarding this and followed scanning malware, changing passwords now I have made down my website plz suggest what can I do

I have tried with SSL and without, using all the recomended ports... Anny suggestion?

New

Hello Justin.

Greetings. I tried this but it does not work and I get error message as below.

ERROR MESSAGE -

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: authentication required. Please verify that your email address is correct in your account settings and try again.

Tried other combinations - SSL with password, no security no authentication - nothing works. Pls. help if there are any other inputs. GoDaddy Support does not help saying they do not support Thunderbird client. I feel I am being forced to pay for Office client indirectly. Expect better customer experience. Thanks.

For the past two weeks, all emails sent to our customers with roadrunner.com or maine.rr.com accounts have been returned - "server temporarily unavailable". Today, I tried sending some from my gmail account and they went through. Wondering if there is an issue between GoDaddy and Spectrum?? Is there anything that can be done to resolve this? Thank you!

Dear 

I would like to inform  your that when I send mail to another  domain (anowar@heritagebd.com )

they don't received my mail even I don't get any Undelivered mail. 

My domain = fashionpowerbd.com

So Now What can I do Plz?

Thanks 

ITamran 

New

Use the Eudora email client for years without issue. Problem started Saturday night, and since I cant send emails. Message error talking to smtp server 421 cant connect

Nothing has changed on my end, receiving ok.

Sometimes the error message has an ip address 173.201.192.102   and sometimes 68.178.282.101

I am using smtpout.secureserver.net. no ssl

I have also had the same problem of being able to receive emails (godaddy domain), but not be able to send them from my iPhone.  After reading several forums and trying everything possible, I finally stumbled upon the simplest setting that amazingly worked.  So, I hope this helps someone else who is about to pull their hair out. 

In my iPhone 5s (IOS 11.2) Settings> account&passwords> info@goddadydomain.com> Outgoing Mail Server (using SMTP)

Server is turned on
Host Name: smtpout.secureserver.net

User Name: leave as Optional

Password: leave as Optional

Do not use SSL

Do not use Authentication

Server Port: 80

I cannot explain why this works, but it does - anyway - I hope it helps someone who has tried everything else like me.  good luck.

I recently switched from a DSL provider to Comcast and my GoDaddy email accounts would no longer send. All I had to do was switch the port from 25 to 80 and that got it working again. GoDaddy Tech Support recognized the problem immediately. My Thunderbird configuration is now:

• Server - smtpout.secureserver.net
  • Port - 80
  • Connection Security - None
  • Authentication - Password, transmitted insecurely

my email is not sending... i use pop

I use Mail or Pop secureserver .net, port 110  smtpout.secureserver.net port 3535

my outging server requires authenication.

out look keeps changing my ports to 995 and 465

I can receive emails but not send them

Dennis LaRock

in 1027

I have a virtual server on godaddy i'm sending the emails using dedrelay.secureserver.net on port 25 without SSL.
Now the SSL is a requirement for my client and i tried to switch to the port 465 with SSL but it is not working. Please advise