cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Contact list isn't working!

Does anyone know why my contact list is inoperable all of a sudden? If I open the list, it shows a long, blank list. Just boxes and space.

29 REPLIES 29
New

Re: Contact list isn't working!

We are having the same issue.

I normally use firefox as my browser and contacts are not showing up but if I use microsoft edge they do show. I really don't like using microsoft edge but am being forced to use it to get tom my contacts.

They aren't working in Chrome either. This is something they need to fix!!!!!  It seems to work on my iPhone but working on my iPhone isn't acceptable either.  😞

Hey everyone, 

I know we haven't made any recent changes to our Workspace webmail interface that would cause this sort of behavior to suddenly occur on different browsers. Noticed @hampton33 mentioned the feature working in another browser not commonly used. Was there a recent update made to your desktop browsers by chance?

If you have any plugins on your browser, you might also try disabling these to see if that helps address the issue you're encountering.

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
New

I haven't made any changes to my computer, but just over the past weekend I've lost my contact lists as well. someone said they could see them on their iPhone, however I have a Galaxy and they aren't showing up on my phone either.  

Is there anything GoDaddy can do to restore them?

Hey @K9-503

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

If you're seeing your contact list missing from all browsers and devices you access the account through, I'd recommend reaching out to our live support so they can help investigate what is happening in your account directly. 

This has been ongoing for several days.

Also - Compose message windows don't sent messages, they save them all as drafts, then if you refresh the main email tab, the compose message window will close - sometimes because it sent the message and sometimes because it saved the message as a draft.

What's happening with the email system?

Its getting worse.

Is godaddy doing anything about it?

New

I've been having a number of problems with GoDaddy's email sites - slow, won't come up, won't send emails, etc.  I maintain several for my volunteer organization as well as my personal business and this has been across the board on all of them.  However, the contact thing was only ONE of the emails, not across the board.  This tells me it isn't anything to do with my server / updated system / IP provider.  

Regarding the lost contacts - yesterday I tried switching to the classic view (which I haven't used for quite awhile) and suddenly I had my contact list back.  This morning I switched it back to "Updated View" as I prefer it, and the contacts were still there.  Hopefully they'll still be there tomorrow!!

New

You are a freaking genius!

I switched to the old view, there were my contacts.  Sent one email and switched back to the new view and contacts remained.

THANK YOU!!!!

New

I had the same problem as well as a missing contact list.  I followed another person's instructions:

I switched to the old view, there were my contacts.  Sent one email and switched back to the new view and contacts remained.

Hope it works for you!

New

I just did this and it worked for me too!  Funny, on our other laptop that we use in our business, I have had no problems whatsoever, only on my laptop. 

It seems to be fixed now.

Having the same issue with contacts list on one computer, but not the other, both using Chrome.  A fix other than having to switch views would be fantastic!

Hey @mcummins,

I agree that this something our teams will want to get addressed. It's very unusual that switching between the views is the fix in this situation. The one thing I can assure is that the contacts should not be lost.

If anyone else starts to encounter this with any webmail account, I would strongly recommend reaching out to our live support before trying the suggested fix to switch views. Our email teams will want to gather as many examples currently experiencing this issue as possible so they can better narrow down the cause of this and address it so it is no longer necessary to switch back and forth between views to fix the display of contacts. 

I had the EXACT problem being described in the thread.  Contacts and Send worked in Edge, not in Chrome.  Before I had a chance to see the switching back to classic view I uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome.  That also worked.

I have had the same issue as well. I also tried switching to classic view and that worked, and for several days after that, my contacts were there under updated view, but today that was not the case even when I switched back and forth.

Normally, when sending an email, I just type in a name and it autocompletes in my email. However, that stopped working a few weeks ago, and when I checked, my contact list was empty even though it said I had 200+ contacts. I am using Chrome as my browser. And all the contacts show up fine on my iphone. 

Employee
Employee

Hi @Burgessnt,

That's pretty odd that they'd disappear entirely. Can you reach out to our support team on this so they can have a look with you?

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

I've been having the same issues, with multiple email addresses, over Safari and Chrome. My contacts have disappeared and emails don't send, and there are often issues with saving drafts. I was online with support today and they didn't know what to do. Can someone at GoDaddy please deal with this? If this was simply a personal account, it wouldn't be as stressful, but my business is at stake here. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Doughco. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community!

To clarify, have you tried changing back to Classic View (as was mentioned above)? This is often related to how the updated view interacts with the browser you're using. Another thing to try would be another browser or computer to see if that makes a difference. If you can update here with that information, it might help other Community members respond to your issue. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I have my contacts but they are no longer alphabetized.

I also lost my contact prefill in August, yet when I do email from my laptop it  works.

I'm having the same issue as everyone else. Surprised you haven't found a fix yet! Any ETA on that?

How do you switch to the different views.  I am having the same issue of my contracts have disappeared.

Solution

I've been having the same issue with contacts and email not sending. Tried the switch to classic view and got my contacts back but not confident that this fixed the problem.  C'mon GoDaddy - lets get this thing fixed!

YES!!!  Thank you!  

Wow!  Thanks for that tip!  It's all good now.

Samsies here - emails wouldn't send and saved as draft - zero contacts - I read below and switched views back and forth and it worked!! 

New

Please how can i contact customer care via email?  i need to reach them. please could you also send the reply to nnamdiosu@gmail.com? hanks a lot

Wow I just had that happen and clicking between views did work.  Thanks!