cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Cannot receive forwarded emails.

I'm trying to connect my Gmail to accept the forwarded emails from my domain. However, it gives me a "temporary error" when trying to connect to the POP server (I don't have IMAP enabled in this plan). 

When I intentionally give wrong credentials, it gives me an AUTH error, which means this likely isn't an issue with my credentials. 

Any suggestions appreciated, thanks. 

gmail forwarding error .png

forwarded info godaddy.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@jerushachua 

Given that this a forward account there is nothing to setup with Gmail / there is nothing to "POP"

If you are trying to test sending from your gmail account to your domain account, Google maybe seeing this as sending from yourself to yourself and therefore only show the email in the sent folder - I suggest sending a test email from another mail account.

Also in gmail if you search for your domain and then you can set up a filter to add a label to any emails which have the domain in the "To" field.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV

@jerushachua 

Given that this a forward account there is nothing to setup with Gmail / there is nothing to "POP"

If you are trying to test sending from your gmail account to your domain account, Google maybe seeing this as sending from yourself to yourself and therefore only show the email in the sent folder - I suggest sending a test email from another mail account.

Also in gmail if you search for your domain and then you can set up a filter to add a label to any emails which have the domain in the "To" field.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

I feel so dumb - I spent so long looking into this issue 🤦‍♀️

You're right, when trying to send from my Gmail account, it doesn't recognize as new mail. I tried sending from an alt mail account and it worked.

Thanks