cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Can't Create Free Email Account

I just bought Domain and Hosting and trying to setup the email account. Since I am new to GoDaddy and web developing, I follow this FAQ Workspace Email Help . But it keep telling me "There are no available accounts to apply to this credit.". Please tell me how do I proceed

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hey @sandramore,

To clarify Workspace mail was never included with Managed WordPress plans. Only our shared hosting plans currently offer free Workspace mail credits. Believe I addressed a similar question from you here

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

Go daddy doesn't offer free email accounts, but it offers free forwarders.

Hello @brt!

Thank you for posting! You need to have an email plan to create an email address. You can find our available email plans here.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

51 REPLIES 51

Hi @ramya_1703

If you purchased a yearly Plesk hosting package you received Workspace email credits. Please follow these instructions .

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

so there is no more free forwarding?

Hey @SoCoGal

Email forwarding addresses should still be available for setup with domain name registrations. If you're not showing the credits available for setup in your account, please reach out to our support team so they can help review what happened. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

So if there is free forwarding and a person has not purchased an email account where are the emails from another account being forwarded to? I purchased a domain name. How do I use the free forwarding?

Hi @Kingdomrealtor

The forwarding email address will be forwarded to your specified existing email address. For example, your @godaddy forwarding address will forward to your @gmail account. 

hahaha! Exactly. I've been with GoDaddy on some of my domains since the beginning. And I can tell you first hand, that GoDaddy used to be great... Then they became a hype.. Now they're just a habit...... A bad one.

I also can not create an email forwarding.

The forwad icon is deactivated

I created a forwarding email with my domain name to one of my existing icloud emails. The forwarding works flawlessly. However, when I hit reply from my icloud email, I am trying to change the email address that it shows to the people I am replying to so it will look as if I'm replying from my domain email. Is that possible to change what email address is showing on the iPhone? I've tried several different ways but can't seem to figure it out. Or do I need to purchase an actual email account from Go Daddy and then just forward to my icloud account?

Go daddy doesn't offer free email accounts, but it offers 

free forwarders where?

I keep seeing that they offer free forwarding, but the I see this:

Screenshot 2018-03-13 01.00.51.png

I spent so long trying to figure this out.  I am new to GoDaddy... they obscured the workspace control center in a newer UI.  Then this WCC UI won't allow you to setup forwarding without having an account.. and all of those links lead to paid plans, that's crazy... we don't want to pay for an inbox.. just want some reliable instructions for configuring a forwarding address... which is supposed to be free.

Forwarding requires "free credits", which I believe convert to billing after a year.  Sucked.  In.

so seriously - you don't even get an email account with the domain?  Wow....

Isn't it amazing? In this time and age you can't get even the basic business email for free! 

I just purchased the domain with basic hosting plan and I'm speechless as I thought email was included, as with other hosting providers, like Wix, etc. I wouldn't even question it from the beginning. 

And they make it extremely difficult. I'm about to go elsewhere.

It's just plain CHEAP to not include one lousy Regular email account with the purchase of a new domain. I guess I was lucky to get one with my .US domain years ago. In fact, the last .COM domain I had (which I allowed to expire) also came with one Regular email account. I suppose this is what happens once you go public. Just gotta love greed!

The search is on for a hosting service that isn't going to charge me $5/month over something that should be included! My next domain will be purchased elsewhere. You aren't the only game in town! And please spare me the junk about the direction of the industry! I've been in the computer biz longer than this company has been in existence!

I've been using GoDaddy for quite a few years, started with one domain then added another, both had an email acct. Later I let the original domain go, but still been using the second for a number of years. Today I bought a new domain for a new project, tried to set email through Outlook and BAM! I've just found out reading through this discussions that they no longer offer that basic email; I did not know that! I'm not planning on paying any monthly services for something I've had available for years with my other domain. I should've done more research, guess that was too naive thinking (or not) that everything was the same...

Wow! I'm in the same boat, too! I've been with godaddy.com since 2007. Over the years I've bought several domains (although I didn't develop websites for them.) Some were just forwarding to my main website. But having the domains meant I could have an additional email for the others who worked with me. So when I bought another domain last year I didn't even think it would be an issue! I just knew that you get 1 free email with the domain. I guess that means paying $4.99 (or thereabouts) for a domain is worthless if you have to pay an additional $$ for the email!

I haven't set up the website yet but I want to do that soon. Makes me think twice about the hosting plan. Time to start the search all over. Smiley Frustrated

New

Dear ,

i have purchase window hosting plan .It was understood that package includes free domain and 100 email accounts.After purchase , i was unable to create an email account for the reason shows that there is no credit available .

can anyone guide on the subject issue please.

do i need to purchase another pack for email accounts ?

Hi @NT2016

Check out these instructions on how to create an email address within Plesk. 

New

Hi 

I Can't Create Free Email Account even in my page written manage email when i try to create it written contact support , how i can create email@domain name.com

I've owned multiple domains with GoDaddy. I've always had free email forwarding and was always able to set it up with no issues. I bought a domain a few days ago and I can't seem to figure out how to set up the email forwarding. I'm using GoDaddy for the first time in about a year and the updates are completely throwing me off. Everything I try seems to just direct me back to buying a professional email subscription. Does GoDaddy no longer offer the free email forwarding service? Or am I just doing everything wrong?

Thanks in advance!