cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Can't Create Free Email Account

I just bought Domain and Hosting and trying to setup the email account. Since I am new to GoDaddy and web developing, I follow this FAQ Workspace Email Help . But it keep telling me "There are no available accounts to apply to this credit.". Please tell me how do I proceed

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hey @sandramore,

To clarify Workspace mail was never included with Managed WordPress plans. Only our shared hosting plans currently offer free Workspace mail credits. Believe I addressed a similar question from you here

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

Go daddy doesn't offer free email accounts, but it offers free forwarders.

Hello @brt!

Thank you for posting! You need to have an email plan to create an email address. You can find our available email plans here.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

51 REPLIES 51

Hey @JarvisB,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

Sounds like you're encountering an account specific issue preventing setup of your free email credits provided with your hosting plan. Because this is a public discussion forum, you'll want to reach out to our live support team via phone or chat so they can help investigate the cause of this issue and help you get it corrected. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Guys,  I just purchased a domain and GD prompted me to purchase an email service with 5Ogb at 4.99/month or some 8.99/month for 1 tera of data storage online.  After I added another domain in my basket and completed the purchase, the mail service I bought, didn't make it through...!

I tried but couldn't find out how can I  get a myname@mydomain.com e-meil service from GDaddy after I purchase the domain!(?)

Thoughts? 

I've a question similar to Jarvis. I currently have a domain through GoDaddy and have a free Workspace email that comes with it. 

I'm about to purchase another domain and WordPress hosting. It talks about Office email that's free for a year then I need to purchase. Does this mean that a free Workspace email no longer comes with the domain and hosting?

Hey @sandramore,

To clarify Workspace mail was never included with Managed WordPress plans. Only our shared hosting plans currently offer free Workspace mail credits. Believe I addressed a similar question from you here

I have a domain purchased back in 2010 that came with a free email account.  I purchased another in April of this year (2016) ... Today I decided to finally set up the email but to my surprise there wasn't an option for this like with my previous domain.  I called tech support and inquired about this ... I was told that back in August 2013 they stopped including free email accounts with the domains.  So any domains purchased after August 2013, you now have to purchase this service at an additional cost.  You can pay monthly or yearly.  Lovely right?

I purchased the domains with free emails available.. that is why I thought it was awesome to use them. Now I have to pay more.. they told me that customers were complaining because it was not working with the new Apple laptops and new Microsoft.. but I used to help manage my colleague's email just last year that I helped set up through GoDaddy and it still works perfectly fine. Shouldn't we at least be given the option to try and use it since we were told that was a part of what we paid for? Frustrating.

GoDaddy does everything possible to suck you in as much as possible, and make you work to pay less. When they say "free" they mean "until we surprise/screw you."  You might consider them an enemy, rather than a business partner.  

I had the same problem, until I realized that Workspace email is not what was included in my hosting plan. I went to my CPanel and was able to set up several free email accounts there.

Hi,

I recently bought a domain name.

While trying to create an email account, it did not show any.

Do I get any free email account or do I have to purchase email accounts with a monthly charge ?

Please help.

Regards

Did you buy any hosting plan with your domain?

How are you trying to create the email?

The domain would need to be hosted, for starters. The DNS zone file may need to be created for emails.

~ eVersatile

Go daddy doesn't offer free email accounts, but it offers free forwarders.

I will just reply to this, all answer is correct, but I will also ask question guys regarding this email, how can I add profile image to my forwarding email in godaddy? anybody have an idea.Thank you.

Lalo, Go Daddy did offer free emails but stopped this practice (I've been with Go Daddy a LOOONNNGGG time) because selling Office 365 was too lucrative to turn down. I still have some free email accounts from GoDaddy which I hold on to like a hound! They're easy to use and have a myriad of features. Eat your heart out, Go Daddy Bob. Office 365 makes him money, and the true administrator?

Robin Hemingway

Robin - I was just trying to figure out if we can add emails to our existing plan - but are you saying they don't do emails at all anymore or just not free ones?  And if I understand your email, if we keep our plan 'AS-IS', we can keep the existing emails we use?  But if we change, we could lose them?

I have been having issues with go-daddy's emails (losing my contacts only to find them if I go flip back & forth from classic view, as well as just not being able to log on every time).  Is that why?

Thanks!

Sharolyn

I can't create emails either, whenever I try I get a red circle with line not allowing me to choose the email option.

@Iceland121 wrote:

I can't create emails either, whenever I try I get a red circle with line not allowing me to choose the email option.

Exactly, I'm in the same situation! 

Hello @brt!

Thank you for posting! You need to have an email plan to create an email address. You can find our available email plans here.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

i have purchased windows hosting economy pack which said that i will get 10 free email addresses. but now i am not able to create any and the error i get is "

There are no available accounts to apply to this credit."
What should i do?