cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Can I set up Email forwarding?

Hi folks,

We've registered three domains at GoDaddy. We're forwarding web traffic to our client's main website; however, it looks like we're unable to do the same with email (which was the main reason for purchasing the domains).

Could you advise whether it's possible to forward email in this way? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Re: Can I set up Email forwarding?

Accidentally stumbled on this.  Select Additional Products and it shows your free credit for call forwarding.  Once you redeem it for the domain, it appears under Workspace.  Select Options and then launch control center in the top right corner.  Select Create forward to create up to 100 forwarding email addresses.  Hope this helps someone as I was so glad to see that I could forward email without spending £48/yesr for the privilege

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @creatomatic. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community!

There are a few ways you can set up email forwarding. This article has a pretty good summary of the different ways you can do this. Hope that helps. If you find a solution, it would be great if you could follow up here to let others know. They may benefit from your experience.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I am a new client.  My company has set up an email account for me using their domain name.  I have searched "Help" for how to forward email.  I wish to forward email from my account to a gmail account and leave a copy on the domain account provided to me.

All instructions I have read say I and to go to my "Workspace Webmail" page and click on "Home" form there select the email account I wish to forward.

I do not see a "Home" button on any of the pages available to me.  Can you help?

New

I have the same issue - the canned instructions do not seem to match my set up. How can I forward emails? Thanks.

You're right, the instructions on here are rotten.  I think GD want to steer customers down the path of buying an Office 365 subscription.  

After some searching, I've discovered how to setup a catch all forwarding for a domain to an external email address such as a Gmail or Hotmail account. 

1. Login to GoDaddy
  2. Select your name/profile icon in the top right corner and select @"My Products"
  3. You will now see Workspace Email in the list of available products. Click Setup and choose a domain that you wish to forward email for.
  4. It may take a few moments for the system to add the product for you, but then you can click "Manage". The manage screen will open and you will be able to choose where to forward each alias 🙂

Good luck!

New

Trying to setup email forwarding.  How do I do it.

Just figured out that you hit the + button to the left of the "webmail" option in your account settings @my products. This gives you the option to set up free email forwarding. 

Solution

Accidentally stumbled on this.  Select Additional Products and it shows your free credit for call forwarding.  Once you redeem it for the domain, it appears under Workspace.  Select Options and then launch control center in the top right corner.  Select Create forward to create up to 100 forwarding email addresses.  Hope this helps someone as I was so glad to see that I could forward email without spending £48/yesr for the privilege

View solution in original post

New

I wanted to add to this thread in case it helps people.  In my experience it took some time (~1 hour, I am not sure) before the free credit for call forwarding showed up in the Additional Products section after I purchased my domain.  Then after I clicked the Redeem button it took some more time (~10 min) before the Workspace section showed up.  So for those of you who aren't seeing a Workspace section (like I was) you may just need to wait a little while.

Goldenglory, Thank you for the help. Worked for me.