cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Bought domain but no email forwading option.

hello
following a video i watched, I bought a GoDaddy domain with the intention of forwarding my email.
However, every time i try to set it up, i am given upsells of email packages (economy, yahoo business....etc)
I don't want to purchase anything I won't use, i just want a direct email forwarding. Is this possible or are the online videos misleading?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Bought domain but no email forwading option.

Same here. Email forwarding used to be a simple enough process.

I just bought a domain with the intension of forwarding  to my actual email address.

I also want to be able to hide my real email address by masking it with "feedback@rideshareseamus.com" to hopefully retain some privacy if that is at all possible in this day 'n' age.

New

Could I get a solution to this please?

Chat support just keeps giving me links......again going to upsells!!!

New
Solution

Finally, got a solution. If you are like me and all you need is direct email forwarding BUT you keep getting upsells for email packages (business, economy...etc)

Get in touch with the support team, call in or use chat.

You will be asked for your PIN and given a link to Free Account Forwarding with your domain.

Cheers

I often forget how I resolve issues but I think - from memory - I selected "Reconfigure my MX records to use Workspace email" even though I don't think I have a Workspace email account. 🙂

MX Records Settings

What I need help with now is getting the forwarded email address "feedback@rideshareseamus.com" to mask the email address in the "From" field in Apple Mail when I reply to whomever sent me the feedback. 🙂

Masking "From" Email Field

New

Not sure if this answers your question, but I used this link for what I think you're asking.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/22370?hl=en

I forwarded my email off the godaddy domain to my gmail.

When I reply while in gmail, the recipient receives it as if it is from my godaddy mail.

Outlook has something similar, so I think Apple Mail should have as well.

(Replying to forwarded email with original address)

Hope that helps.

I bought this domain from you
thejeweledgiraffe but I didn’t get a .com with it. How can I get it?