cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Blocking incoming e mail addresses

Using Outlook for all mail.  I routinely receive spam from the same addresses, Canadian Drugs, Fast Pharmacy etc.  These go to my Outlook spam folder, but I'd like to block them all together, is there a way to do this through GoDaddy?

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Blocking incoming e mail addresses

Hi @SDA. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! You should be able to block specific addresses by creating a mail flow rule in your Exchange admin center.  I found this 3rd party article which touches on it. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

JesseW:

Thanks for the response.  I'm not using Office365, just straight Outlook.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@SDA I see. As far as I know, there isn't an option to outright reject an email via Outlook itself. It is usually a server side action. If you're using our Workspace Email, you can try the auto-purge feature mentioned in this article. That may help. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

Understood, I'm trying to block it at the Go Daddy level, before it gets to Outlook.

However, the auto-purge feature may work, thanks I'll try it.

New

There's actually a section under workspace>email called blocked list.   Addresses to be blocked can be entered here.  

However, when I try to make changes to the Spam Filtering section it won't let me.

Any thoughts?