Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Any solution to webmail emoji issue in updated view?

There was a thread from almost one year ago that discussed the inability to send replies in webmail updated view if an emoji was embedded in the quoted original message. This is a really annoying bug for those of us that use webmail frequently, as it seems most incoming messages have those l'il buggers added to the body of the message. Switching to classic view works, but isn't a very satisfying solution — not to mention that I often find myself having to redo the entire message, subject line, etc. after the fact because I didn't notice the alphanumeric in the quote until too late. How come this has not been addressed and fixed, godaddy? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ValerieR
Employee

Hello @HartmanDesign :

Thank you for your question.  I was doing some research, and I have a couple of suggestions to try:

* What browser do you typically use when using webmail?  I would use either Chrome or Firefox, testing your inbox in a Private or Incognito Window.  

*** If this solves it, great!!!

Another option: Have you ever added your email account to Outlook?  It allows for more flexibility in coding than standard email.  

Why does your email account have that glitch with emojis?  The short answer is- coding and security filters.  I hope these suggestions are a solution for you 😊

Sales and Support available 24/7 via phone or chat

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ValerieR
Employee

Hello @HartmanDesign :

Thank you for your question.  I was doing some research, and I have a couple of suggestions to try:

* What browser do you typically use when using webmail?  I would use either Chrome or Firefox, testing your inbox in a Private or Incognito Window.  

*** If this solves it, great!!!

Another option: Have you ever added your email account to Outlook?  It allows for more flexibility in coding than standard email.  

Why does your email account have that glitch with emojis?  The short answer is- coding and security filters.  I hope these suggestions are a solution for you 😊

Sales and Support available 24/7 via phone or chat

View solution in original post

Nope, none of those solve the issue; same hangups in Safari, Chrome and Firefox—incognito window or not. As per the other thread, classic view works fine, so it must be a coding issue between godaddy webmail and updated view. Appears godaddy chooses NOT to fix this issue...