cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Admin Centre

I am using Office 365 Business Premium from GoDaddy and need to do some Exchange admin including adding an email disclaimer to all emails.

How can I access the Exchange Admin Center? - this isnt showing in the Admin Center.

Capture.PNG

16 REPLIES 16
Employee
Employee

Re: Admin Centre

GoDaddy doesn't provide links because functionality in the admin center isn't supported. Make changes in there at your own risk. 

https://outlook.office365.com/ecp/

@Longtermcustome wrote:
Beware go daddy removed the ability to access the main office 365 Admin Center and refuses to give any customer their money back after they change their product offering. Do not get office 365 with Go Daddy. It’s not worth it I’ve had many of my customers recently moved from office 365 through Go Daddy to any other Microsoft partner that has office 365 offerings. Avoid Go Daddy office 365 product offerings at all cost. They mark Them up significantly compared to other partners and the product they have made to be inferior

I figured this out almost immediately when trying Office 365 back in 2015 via GoDaddy. I wanted to know why many features in Office 365 were unavailable and not operational, such as the Sharepoint site capabilities, and once I learned that GoDaddy limits the Office 365 capabilities, I immediately closed that account and re-opened it directly with Microsoft, and simply updated my domain DNS entries to point to the Microsoft hosted version. 

A Microsoft Technician educated me early on saying that GoDaddy limits the Office 365 suite's capabilities due to 'a conflict of interest', meaning, why would they allow Office 365 to give you site hosting when their core business revolves around charging for hosting of websites. 

It made sense immediately and I saw the significant advantages right away going direct with Microsoft. I highly recommend.

I just tried to check in today to make some changes and i cant get into admin page.

this is crazy they just locked us out.  I was already on the fence with their lack of support and limited features.

Well this is the last straw. Time to take my domains, Email, and move it straight out of here.

Thank you for confirming this with me.

*DO NOT USE GODADDY OFFICE 365 - YOU ARE ALL BETTER OFF TO USE EMAIL SERVICE FROM OFFICE 365 DIRECTLY*

Employee
Employee

If you login to your GoDaddy account, click manage on Email & Office, and go to Office 365 Admin (white menu at the top of the screen), are the options there not what you're looking for?

@transparent

No, the options he is talking about are not there. He is asking for the actual MS Admin Portal for Office 365 found at https://admin.microsoft.com/AdminPortal/Home#/homepage

The one that has the usage statistics, service health, support articles, trouble ticket tracking, report generation and logging.

Things that an admin might just might find useful, to well, be an admin.Smiley Indifferent

AKA the full admin center, not just

the Exchange Admin(https://outlook.office365.com/ecp/) and

Skype/Teams Admin centers(https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/dashboard)

We used to have access to that, with no issues. Extremely useful to have, considering that GoDaddy's own license and implementation of Office 365 isn't even a full license. Which I find both frustrating and hilarious. I've been on the phone, more then a handful of times, with support while in my O365 Admin center to implement org-wide changes. Simply because GoDaddy's own support folks don't even have access to that level of admin functionality. Not to mention email chains and conference calls with GoDaddy and the Microsoft O365 support teams. Which is how I learned that GoDaddy doesn't(or didn't) have a complete implementation of O365.

Now, for anyone that may come across this post in the future, if you have a current Office 365 domain through GoDaddy, which was at one point a Hosted Exchange domain through GoDaddy. It seems that the domain still has access to the full MS Admin Portal. At least as of 12/16/18.

The admin button will work, you may or may not go through the GoDaddy redirect, but you will still get to the full suite Admin Center. As for the "warning" that those operations "aren't supported"? It's patently false, you cant gimp admin access that way. The MS Admin Center works perfectly fine, GoDaddy just doesn't want you in there. Which would be fine, if GoDaddy had the ability to perform those actions. But they don't, 

Additionally, PowerShell commands with Exchange still work. Your designated Admin in Office 365 is a full Exchange Admin but not an Owner of the tenant. Which is sufficient for 99% of common tasks.  

I'm sure GoDaddy will figure out to remove this eventually. The best I can tell, experimenting with my client's accounts, it seems that new Office 365 domains created sometime after the early months of 2017 is when that access was removed. Access is inconsistent at best and usually kicks you to the GoDaddy page, unless you have a very old account that was on Hosted Exchange at one point. 

Also, mentioning the word "Powershell" seems to be the magic key that gets you to the next level of support with the folks in the Office 365 department at GoDaddy. Not that I have any issues with the the first line of help most of the time. It's just that if I'm calling support, I probably have a weird edge case scenario and the only reason it's not working is because I'm using Office 365 through GoDaddy. So, I need someone that has actually implemented and admin'd Office 365 before.

In the end, I will echo the sentiment voiced elsewhere. Do not use Office 365 through GoDaddy. They have seen it fit to slowly gimp and remove the ability to actually use the full range of Office 365 abilities. Going forward, I'll will not be using GoDaddy for onboarding clients into Office 365. The US-based 24/7 support is great, but the inability to use basic admin features kills the entire proposition.

-GoDaddy and Office 365, The Complete Saga.

I noticed the loss of the Office 365 Admin portal recently as well when doing some Sharepoint setup.  It is ridiculous that GoDaddy sold this as an Office Premium account a year and a half ago to my firm, and we are being stripped of services and features.  REALLY worried about losing more features.  Shame on me for not making sure I clearly knew what I signed up to get.

Also, I guess that GoDaddy broke the Office Online link from their own site because it just loops back to the GoDaddy Office Setup page.  Maybe broke isn't the word, maybe it is another lost feature of Office 365.

I have the same problem, i.e., I am now stuck with a product that is not what I thought it was. It goes without saying that if you buy "Office365" you should really be GETTING THE COMPLETE and IDENTICAL "Office365" product. Unfortunately, that is not what happens if you get it through GoDaddy. Even though I asked if it was the same, they say that is not what a meant. But customers should not even have to ask. If it's called Office365 it SHOULD BE Office365. Now I have ongoing problems caused by differences in the way GoDaddy sets up the parameters of the parts they have control over and I have LIMITED ACCESS (can't get to the Admin Center as mentioned by others here, etc.). MS support told me this is an ongoing problem and they get lots of calls from unhappy consumers who purchased Office365 through GoDaddy only to find out it is not the same. GoDaddy should be transparent about this. No one wants to be a customer because they were tricked into getting something different than they thought. You would hope that a business you frequent would have more integrity than that.

is there something similar with regards to sharepoint administration?

I've having trouble administering our sharepoint sites.

@CAGUYCA wrote:

I just tried to check in today to make some changes and i cant get into admin page.

this is crazy they just locked us out.  I was already on the fence with their lack of support and limited features.

Well this is the last straw. Time to take my domains, Email, and move it straight out of here.

Thank you for confirming this with me.

*DO NOT USE GODADDY OFFICE 365 - YOU ARE ALL BETTER OFF TO USE EMAIL SERVICE FROM OFFICE 365 DIRECTLY*

That feeling when you see posts like this after you've moved your entire company to Godaddy / Office 365. 

Man Frustrated

Call GoDaddy Support and work with them. I recently learned that the support folks have a lot of the admin functions available to them, through some custom urls to point to different admin functions.

I'd give them a call.

Highlighted

Exactly. I had the same feeling when I found out the 3 YEAR CONTRACT I paid in advance to GoDaddy THINKING I was getting the full Office 365 was a lie. We DO NOT get the same functionality and NO it is NOT reasonable to have to call them to do things for us and to get the inaccurate technical support, when we could have had help from MS directly.

When I purchased this I specifically asked GoDaddy if it was the same as what I would get if I went straight through Microsoft for Office 365. They said "Yes," and gave an example of ONE THING that was the same. After I bought it from GoDaddy I find out the lied and it IS NOT THE SAME as the Office 365 you get through Microsoft. When I realized what they'd told me was not true the unethical manager had the NERVE to tell me that is not what I meant when I asked them that question - that I did not mean everything, but I only meant the that it could be used on desktop, too, because I said something like, "OK. Thanks." when the guy answered, although I CLEARLY meant IS IT THE SAME?  That question is DIRECT. He answered in a sneaky, dishonest way to trick me. I was too trusting and so ONCE AGAIN got bamboozled by GoDaddy.

They even constantly sign us out of our session RIGHT in the middle of sending emails to clients as I'm on the phone with them. Midway through an email I have to waste 5 minutes signing in and out, thanks to GoDaddy setting that are DIFFERENT than Microsoft. 

The entire reason they took away admin functionality is because they are afraid any new products we get would be through Microsoft and not through them - also because we are supposed to use their less skilled, inaccurate tech support, rather than MS.

Every single product I've purchased through GoDaddy has had problems. I was even charged for twice for hosting, even though I clearly switched from one plan to a different one. If you look at the reviews and legal complaints GoDaddy has the lowest rating out there. The reason they are popular is because they do lots of advertising and people less technical might use them, thinking they are good. But if you try to do anything substantial you find out the products are shoddy, the support is wrong and many have been misled by them, just as I was. 

As my products with them expire, I've been moving away from GoDaddy. Ever item I have with them has a problem.  </END OF RANT> LOL, but any honest, reasonable person can see why I'm upset. No professional person I know will use GoDaddy because the products are bad, but worse, they mislead people.

And no, you will never get any admin features with GoDaddy as the purposely BLOCK US from the very product features we thought we were getting. If they were honest they would have TOLD EVERY CUSTOMER UP FRONT that certain features are removed by them, that we ONLY have their less skilled people for tech support and that they change their settings so we constantly get knocked off the service in the middle of sending emails. 

@chirpling wrote:

And no, you will never get any admin features with GoDaddy as the purposely BLOCK US from the very product features we thought we were getting. If they were honest they would have TOLD EVERY CUSTOMER UP FRONT that certain features are removed by them, that we ONLY have their less skilled people for tech support and that they change their settings so we constantly get knocked off the service in the middle of sending emails. 

I was definitely given the impression that we would have full administrative access. 

6 months into a 3 year contract ... 

@chirpling wrote:

I was definitely given the impression that we would have full administrative access. 

Yes, PharmaSys, you had the same exact experience as me. So disappointing as I realize they blatantly lied to me and refused to refund my money for me to switch over to Microsoft directly. It was a blatant lie to say I was getting the same product. They take advantage of trusting people 

If you haven't done so already you should look at the mountain of complaints against GoDaddy. I'm surprised there is not yet a class action lawsuit about these deceptive practices.

@chirpling wrote:
@chirpling wrote:

Yes, PharmaSys, you had the same exact experience as me. So disappointing as I realize they blatantly lied to me and refused to refund my money for me to switch over to Microsoft directly. It was a blatant lie to say I was getting the same product. They take advantage of trusting people 

If you haven't done so already you should look at the mountain of complaints against GoDaddy. I'm surprised there is not yet a class action lawsuit about these deceptive practices.

This is a sad situation indeed. 

New

SharePoint settings I set being overruled by GoDaddy policies?

It's now well documented that GoDaddy redirects attempt to access the MS admin panel (admin.microsoft.com) to its rather subpar version of that (count me another unsatisfied customer with that policy). After several contacts to the 'award-winning support' i finally was provided with a URL to a SharePoint admin center. This looked promising and looked like it had exactly the settings controls I needed. In my case, all i'm trying to do is specify a policy that would allow the sharing of specific folders with external users to facilitate collaboration with our clients. 

Here are the straightforward settings in the SP admin center:

sharepoint admin.JPG

Great! However, even after 24 hours, logging out of my account and back in a few times, I still get this when I try to actually create a shareable link to folder.  

sharepoint sharing.JPG

My hypothesis is that GoDaddy is the "organization" in question and that settings I apply in the SharePoint admin center are effectively irrelevant.  

>>Can anyone confirm or amend this? And more importantly, anyone have any guidance on how to actually get the settings I want to use (and from everything I can see are standard functionality) to actually function?