cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unethical Go daddy

Why Go daddy makes it impossible to stop auto renew.  even after i personally called Go Daddy to remove it and they told me they will, but its still on.  They do this to rob more money from unsuspecting clients.

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III
Super User III

Re: unethical Go daddy

Hey there!

Sorry to hear you can't seem to turn your auto-renew off. If you called in and they didn't turn it off for you when they said they did, you could always ask that the call be reviewed. I don't know a supervisor/manager there that wouldn't make that right if GD didn't do something they said they'd do.

Also, remember that you have refund options as well:

- 5 days on domains

- 48 hrs on most monthly paid products

- 30 days on most annual products

This sounds more like a glitch in your particular account than malicious action on GoDaddy's side. I would call in, explain the situation calmly, and request to speak with a supervisor. As long as you can verify that it wasn't simply a mistake on your part because you didn't pay attention to when your renewals were due, they'll be more than happy to help you out.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi @nabilnh,

Our customer support agents do not usually remove the auto-renewal for the customer. It's easy for you to manage billing for the products in your account by using the instructions here. You are able to take auto-renewal off of your products at any time. If you've chosen Protected Registration for your domain, no one but you can remove the auto-renewal, as it can only be done after you remove this protection option. These instructions will help you with that feature first, then you can take of the auto-renewal to avoid future billing. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

Totally agreed.. I am never using this ever again... They even won't allow me to delete my account...Plain sight robbers.. 

i disagree with you.  i don't have the time nor the willingness to spend more money on long distance phone calls when GoDaddy fail at their task once i called.  this tells me there is no proper auditing nor quality control with this company.  which scares me more, especially your answer.

Registration protection is not accepted in my country.  GoDaddy is responsible to making this happen without the need for me to call again. I disagree with you.  please be responsible and resolve this issues instead of empty defense.